Pics of the CSC YJ S/R suspension - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-04-2001, 02:20 PM
zukiman

Pics of the CSC YJ S/R suspension

I promised pictures of the Canyon State Components Wrangler YJ Shackle Reversal suspension kit, so here they are.

Pictures can't show how smooth the ride is on- and off-road, but they can show how flexy it is. This is with Missing Links in back and the S/R in front, with YJ springs at all 4 corners, about 40 inches of articulation without deflating the tires or any funny ramp tricks to "cheat".

Look for my full product review in next month's issue of Off-Road.com. In the meantime, I hope you like these pics!

--Geoff Beasley

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 28-324594-csckit01.jpg (49.6 KB, 14 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-04-2001, 02:24 PM
zukiman

Re: Pics of the CSC YJ S/R suspension

Here's another pic.

--Geoff Beasley

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 28-324599-csckit02.jpg (63.3 KB, 11 views)
post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-04-2001, 02:27 PM
Keyboard Implanted

your mean man. now you got drooling on my keyboard (slobber, drip drip) waiting for my kit. come on now, you got to stop this, or my puter wont work anymore. mee's donts tinks liquid n puters mix very well.
seriously, that is sweet. just makes my wait more misserable!!!! ha,ha,ha
gotta love it!
BiLLy bOb

Do unto others as you want done to you!
If you pack it in, pack it out!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 02-04-2001, 02:34 PM

Geoff, Is that a six inch shackle off the rear missing link? Are you running 5 or 4 packs front and rear? Did you make your ML's or purchase them from someone. Your bumpstops, who did you get them from and where are they at? Right on the spring pack? Thanks Geoff Looks like your putting them to good use and i really like your outdoor pics. Max

Just one more of the elite Samurai![img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img] External cage on a hardtop, x8ki wrn winch, M/L's,pny crb,98amp alt,32's, lckd f/r,
post #5 of (permalink) Old 02-04-2001, 02:52 PM
zukiman

The rear of my Samurai is heavy, so I've always had to run longer shackles in back than in front. They're much longer than what most lightweight softtop Samurais need.

I have the 5-pack springs front and rear.

Chris Villarreal made my Missing Links. The shackles are just standard Samurai shackles that I cut in two to make wide enough, and to allow a bit more articulation and ease the "twist" on the springs at full droop.

I got my bumpstops from a lowrider shop in the Phoenix area. They're mounted on bumpstop mount extensions from my frame. They contact the U-bolt plates under full compression.

Thanks for the compliments on the pics. I took a million of the installation and testing of the suspension, so look for my article soon!

--Geoff

post #6 of (permalink) Old 02-04-2001, 05:05 PM

wow... geoff... what amazes me most of your 1st pic. is not so much the fact that the sami flexes nicely...

but the fact that the body nearly sits LEVEL !!!! with one wheel 40" in the air.

how's that for margin of error ;o)

great stuff!
alfred

'95 Stofttop, K&N, Snorkel, 4,5" SPOA, 31" BFG MT, 4,16gears, W5000 winch, skidplate, rear Rancho 9000 - other than that its bone-stock
post #7 of (permalink) Old 02-04-2001, 07:07 PM
CSR

Geoff,

Two words for you..... Sweee-eeeet!

I have a few questions-

-first about your wheel/tire combo. Are those the 14.50 SSR's? Are your wheels 8's or 10's?

-the YJ springs, are they fronts and rears, or two sets of rears?

Thanks!

[email protected]
http://www.geocities.com/zuki_chris/
post #8 of (permalink) Old 02-04-2001, 11:02 PM
zukiman

Yes, those tires are the 33x14.50 Super Swamper SSR's. You can see that even with this much lift, they still are reluctant to fit in my wheelwells under full compression. I had to use a BFH to convince the fenders to accept those tires. [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img] The wheels are 15x10 US Wheels from Rocky Road, custom backspaced to 2 inches. The tires are intended for use "only" on a 15x12 wheel, but I like running a slightly narrow wheel, and it's worked out perfectly. Look for a product review of the wheels and tires in the March issue of Off-Road.com, along with the review of the suspension.

I believe YJ Wranglers all have 4-packs in the back. The 4-cyl Jeeps have 4-packs in front, while the 6-cyl Wranglers have 5-packs in front. I just went to a 4x4 shop and looked in their pile of discarded stock Wrangler springs and pulled out 2 pairs of 5-pack springs.

--Geoff Beasley

post #9 of (permalink) Old 02-06-2001, 07:58 AM
WSB

Can someone say "Major Freaking Articulation"?

Geoff,

Very Impressive to say the least.
What is included in the kit?

Wayne

post #10 of (permalink) Old 02-06-2001, 08:46 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

zukiman , that is a beautiful thing !

billybob , you've got to get a handle on your bodily fluids . Don't make me send RR down there to adminster medication !

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode