O.T. PICS - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-01-2001, 04:10 PM Thread Starter

O.T. PICS

Here are some pics that i finally got off the camera. Some are of heli skiing with my buddies and some are of glenns rig, and some are of my "special ed. sammi"
Im really only doing this because there is no work today and im caught up in my studies. Its the lull before midterms.....
This one here is of Glenn (wildweasal) and his snowplow set up

Just one more of the elite Samurai![img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img] External cage on a hardtop, x8ki wrn winch, M/L's,pny crb,98amp alt,32's, lckd f/r,
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 28-322041-GlennisaBDa$$Fabber.jpg (57.1 KB, 23 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-01-2001, 04:14 PM Thread Starter

Re: O.T. PICS

Here is a close up of his handi work. Two pins and its off the rig!

Just one more of the elite Samurai![img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img] External cage on a hardtop, x8ki wrn winch, M/L's,pny crb,98amp alt,32's, lckd f/r,
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 28-322049-clsupsnwplw.jpg (60.7 KB, 29 views)
post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-01-2001, 04:26 PM Thread Starter

Me in whistler with my two buddies and the pilot and camera man. The pilot took us on the coolest ride of a lifetime. He landed us on high mt tops that I thought a helicopter wouldnt fit, much less the whole group with gear unloaded. I think thats a spacial dimensia thing from way up in the clouds dropping down on a LZ. Then when we were calling it a day, i yelled to him "Hey Joe, show us what this bird HAS GOT!" and i tell you it was the best dam ride i ever went on. He slammed the throttle and pulled up on the stick and we flew up and arched backwards as if we were going to end up upside down, but at the last second when we were vertical he used the tail rudder and switched us in one fluid motion from out backsides to facing the ground. Then that heli had a little nose dive and we were off skimming literally right off the tree tops and hopping from one canyon to the next dropping down in elevation with each one. Banking off Mt sides at 130+mph was incredible and we were all screaming and yellin him on with cheers. Never forget that guy. The camera man (on the right) did everything that we did (not that it was "extreme skiing") but with a camera to his eye the whole time. He was a comedian and scout and a tailgunner all in one. Heck of a guy and talented too. I had a hard time keeping up sometimes with this guy.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 28-322059-pilotus3andcameraman.jpg (64.1 KB, 21 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 02-01-2001, 04:34 PM Thread Starter

This is the guide. He was just 8 months recovering from being caught in an avalanche that took him 2500 vertical feet down. Broke almost every rib he owned, his back and his thigh bone. He was under the snow for a minimum of 8 minutes and they found him only because his mangled hand was sticking out miraculously. He wasnt in top shape when he guided us, but talk about good form and a respect for the Mt! Real nice guy and one i would trust any time as my guide to the outback. I took him to the side and spoke with him about it and he was real humbled by the experience as we all would be. What a life though! He rides in a helicopter everyday for 5 months taking people on tours and skiing fresh deep powder everytime and the kicker is he gets paid very well to do it and tipped by everyone at the end too! He is also a part owner in the company so he is well insured finacially.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 28-322066-rdcdgrpwguide.jpg (53.6 KB, 21 views)
post #5 of (permalink) Old 02-01-2001, 04:45 PM Thread Starter

Here is one of me riding the big white wave and lighting a blue flame at the same time! Bet not many people can do that, i melt snow my own way...

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 28-322079-rdcdblueflameboarding.jpg (26.3 KB, 30 views)
post #6 of (permalink) Old 02-01-2001, 04:51 PM Thread Starter

Here is my third sammi which i dont know whether i should keep or not. I am swapping out a good front clip (same color) on it and have literally a new bumper for the front for it. Im am also rebuilding the head and then selling it to Glenns Br. In Law out west. Its a great rig and its "special" as well as i like the hard top. If he does not buy it, i may just build it up for myself as a third one..... They are so cute stock, but i think id coil it so i would have all three suspensions that i desire. 1] ML's with cj rear and rear up front. 2] yj since i have them now ill figure something out 3] coil on the special??

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 28-322082-rdcdstckerside.jpg (62.9 KB, 18 views)
post #7 of (permalink) Old 02-01-2001, 04:54 PM Thread Starter

Here is a side shot, looks like a potential a$$ kicker to me! LOL

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 28-322084-rdcdfrntstckr.jpg (73.1 KB, 25 views)
post #8 of (permalink) Old 02-01-2001, 05:01 PM
Old Hand

would you be intested in selling the rear seats from the special or the hard top.

Driving off-road needs to be done well, like throwing a fly at a rising trout in dark, calm waters. Take pride in the task, and the reward is more than the destination.
post #9 of (permalink) Old 02-01-2001, 05:05 PM Thread Starter

No can do, sorry they are "special" seats and i cant part with what i dont have. Someone already thought that they were to special and took them out! Can you believe it? Thats the way i got the rig.....

post #10 of (permalink) Old 02-01-2001, 05:13 PM

man i love the paint job ( i want 1 for mine )
you can keep the snow plow i don't need it here in ark LOL but good looking job on it

Trail Walking on Tenn Walkers , the first 4X4[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img] )
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode