Lock hubs? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-01-2001, 03:00 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Lock hubs?

Hi all,
Had to drive to work in white out conditions this morning. Damn its great that the heater works now. There were a bunch of trucks and cars in the ditch (no Suzuki's). Every time I changed lanes I could see why as the tires tried to follow the ruts. In conditions like these I wish I could push a button and go into 4 wheel drive, mostly just to help stay out of the way of other drivers. If I were to lock the hubs for the run to work or home but leave it in 2wd until I felt the need for it, would it hurt anything? Are there limitations on the speed that should be driven? Or on the length of time they should be locked while driving on paved roads? What about the top speed to be running when you put it into 4Hi? Thanks for the input in advance.

Glen
Calmini S/R, and still waiting for the damn bolt on thing to fall apart and kill me
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-01-2001, 03:07 PM
mike shannon

Re: Lock hubs?

just leave them locked in drive it. i drive mine like that any time the weather is bad. i can't do it with my lifted 88.5 because the front drive shaft will vibrate at about 45 or 50 mph. but with my 88 stocker it runs 70 with the hubs locked in no problem. my four runner runs as fast as i want it to with no vib problem. there is my 2 cents later mike.

88.5ht,two87s,88.5 spoa,33X12.50,5.12 f&r,rock cage,4.16 T case
post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-01-2001, 04:40 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Lock hubs?

will you go faster (max speed on road) with the hubs unlocked? -probably less fuel consumption? -if yes how much?!

igor
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode