Help - planning for Spring - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-01-2001, 03:10 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Help - planning for Spring

Well, Spring isnt far off, and my truck is still completely stock. What a waste of a good winter. Anyways, since im on an unemployed budget (im saving to get out of hell), Im trying to think of ways to get my truck better ready for the spring. Its a 96 Geo Tracker for those of u uninformed, and im thinking a 3" body lift and coil spacers and some 29 or 30" MTs on 2.5" backspaced rims.. anyone else think of a better way or other cheap ways to improve on it before the Spring?

Justin
Bbytrkr

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-01-2001, 08:37 AM

Re: Help - planning for Spring

Justin,
Lift & tires looks cool, but you will lose performance without a gear change. Have you considered just adding a little body lift, some smallish mud grips, and a rear locker instead? That locker will make a huge difference in capability.

Just a thought--

OILBURNER [email protected]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-01-2001, 03:24 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

If there were a smaller body lift available, i'd get it. You have a point though, maybe i could stuff some 235 MTs under it with just the coil spacers and lock the rear end... which i REALLY want to do, thanks for the idea. Anyone else on this topic?

Justin
Bbytrkr

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 02-01-2001, 06:38 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Ive got a sami but other than that im pretty much in the same boat as you. Except that my Tacoma is the reason for havin no money.

Anyways, my sami is stock right now. This is what im gonna do. Lock the backend (locker is here, jus not installed), regear the t-case, then add the tires. Tires are nuthin but looks unless you've got the power and ability to turn them. Until i regear im runnin stock size Mud T/A's.

Jus my .02 worth
Will

post #5 of (permalink) Old 02-01-2001, 07:14 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Tires give me ground clearance and keep my crappy aluminum diff off the rocks, i can turn modest ones ofcourse. I really have to figure out a way to swap in a Sammy 3rd member for that aluminum one.. talk about weak.

Justin
Bbytrkr

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode