How do you remove window from door??? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-31-2001, 09:03 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

How do you remove window from door???

My driver's side window doesn't crank properly. It isn't square to the window frame, and the window seal needs to be replaced. I have two sets of spare doors so I tried removing the window from one of them to see how it works. I've got the window mechanism all unbolted so that the window "floats" in the door, but I can't figure out how to physically remove the window from the door. Can the window frame separate from the door (it appears to be welded in place), or is there some trick that I'm just not seeing?

Thanks.

'85 LWB Samurai, SPOA, 1.6L EFI, GRS1, 5.12 gears, lockers front & rear, power steering, 33" tires, fold-down windshield.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-31-2001, 09:25 PM

Re: How do you remove window from door???

While the window is down in the door and seperated from the mechanism, rotate it a quarter of a turn. Now, the metal piece which was holding the window to the mechanism is sticking straight up. Lift or push the window up through the door and you should have enough play that you can push it outside of the frame while you are pushing (or lifting) up on it. I hope this helps.

Pauly

post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-31-2001, 09:46 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Thanks Pauly. The window is still attached to the mechanism, but the mechanism is completely unbolted and free from the door. The window AND mechanism is now "floating" in the door. What do I need to do to separate the window from the mechanism? If they come apart then I can see how the window will slide out from the door. But then how will I remove the mechanism from the door, since I think it needs to be replaced.

'85 LWB Samurai, SPOA, 1.6L EFI, GRS1, 5.12 gears, lockers front & rear, power steering, 33" tires, fold-down windshield.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 01-31-2001, 10:27 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Ray if you are still having trouble with it, Drop by with the loose door and i'll show you how to get it out.

Manitoba Trail Masters
Brent Steliga

86 Samurai,31s,4:57s,Lockers,Custom Exhaust,spoa,Home Made Hyd Winch,High Flex Leafs

If you Haven't rolled, You are not trying hard enough
post #5 of (permalink) Old 02-01-2001, 11:14 PM

There should be a screw on each end of the mechanism along the bottom of the metal plate that's glued(?) to the bottom of the window. They are pretty visible. Mine has 'em. I'd assume your's would have them too..... I know, I shouldn't assume.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode