Sammy rear springs on the front.... - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-30-2001, 10:39 PM
Loweguy

Sammy rear springs on the front....

I know this has been covered before...so my apologies for a redundant question. As it happens, I came across a STUPID deal on a bunch of parts from a Zuki (was hoping to buy the whole truck, instead looks like I'm just liberating a ton of parts cheap).

Anyway, I have the opportunity to take a set of stock sammy springs and put them on the front of my Zuk. I recall (I think) reading that they will flex better and offer ~ 1" of additional lift. Thoughts?

I really like the Wrangler idea...but that kit is WAY more expensive than was let on in a post on here a few days ago. I am still struggling with the idea of spending $500 + in one mod on a truck which cost $900...

I know, I know...I'll get over it in time. For now, however, I'm looking for cool interim moves to make.

Is it usually sammy springs to the front and cj springs on the rear? Do the cj springs fit the perches and are they a 'bolt-in' length?

FINALLY, anybody got any 'lift' springs they want to unload. Like most of you, I'm making my way up the food chain in mods, so even less flexy springs like Ranchos would be fine for me at this stage. If you're selling, let me know...I'm itching to go bigger (without spring over-yet).

Thanks guys,

Michael O

-01 Nissan Frontier XE King Cab
-00 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS
-88 Samurai, 2" Sky Manufacturing body lift, 1" Desert Steel lift shackles, 31" Mud Kings on Summit chrome spokes
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-31-2001, 01:23 AM
Loweguy

Re: Sammy rear springs on the front....

Come on...8 people have read this-no opinions??????

Michael O

-01 Nissan Frontier XE King Cab
-00 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS
-88 Samurai, 2" Sky Manufacturing body lift, 1" Desert Steel lift shackles, 31" Mud Kings on Summit chrome spokes
post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-31-2001, 09:28 AM
Old Hand

Rear springs up front will also move your axle forward about one inch, which is good for getting larger tires off your wheelwells. I haven't personally done the swap but I have read alot about it. You can run a 2" shackle to bolt the springs on but it will push the shackle way forward and it looks goofy. Glenn sells a kit for $55 that cures that problem. You can also go with a missing link or drop-link shackle instead. That's all i got, good luck.

-Ryan Primel
'88 zuk, 1.6L, spoa, drop-links, grs1, 32's, Locked & Warned
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 01-31-2001, 11:07 AM

Micheal, Im a 100% with you. 900+ dollars, if i was putting that kind of money out on the table for a suspension then id do coil over because its so much more streetable too. I still am looking into this yj thing because I think I can fab something, but it most likely wont be so nice. I have the rear springs up front but i use a Missing Link shackle system on all four corners. It gives crazy flex compared to just a regular spoa. Your rig isnt spoa is it though? It needs to be if its not. You use cjs in the rear and rear springs up front. A nice deal is Geoff is selling his Lifted Rancho springs, cj springs and ML's for 200$ at dave az's site in the classifieds section. But again shipping from cali will kill you......

Just one more of the elite Samurai![img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img] External cage on a hardtop, x8ki wrn winch, M/L's,pny crb,98amp alt,32's, lckd f/r,
post #5 of (permalink) Old 01-31-2001, 01:55 PM
Old Hand

Geoff's springs and Missing Links are here at my place in Arizona, so the springs would be cheapest going to someone in Cali or AZ. There's been a lot of interest in the springs, but so far nobody's coughed up any money yet. We can charge a credit card too.

(877) 885-9341
(623) 853-9033

DaveAZ
Asian Auto Parts of Arizona
http://www.asianautopartsofaz.com

"We make your Suzuki ZIP for less"
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."
post #6 of (permalink) Old 01-31-2001, 03:35 PM
Can't Get Enough

Dave, I don't need any springs or missing links, but could you charge my credit card? I think my wife must have run the batteries down on it because it won't work anymore.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode