4 questions 1 statement to will - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-30-2001, 05:23 PM Thread Starter

4 questions 1 statement to will

I have four questions a statement and a comment or three. First off, i got my yj springs today, 3 are the five packs and one is a four pack, go figure. I was digging thru a big dumpster of them with a tape measure in hand to look for something else that might apply. Heres what i found. Amigo and trooper springs are 2 1/4 inch across and just 2 inches shorter, closer to taper off the ends to fit my existing ML's and seem sturdy, but i wonder what the flex rate is? Does anyone know the flex rate for these springs (JEEPN? you own a trooper!) Also while snooping around paridise i found a kia that has power steering. Has anyone tried this? Seems like an easy fab in. Also found a tracker and a sidekick that i can get the gears out of for cheap. What are the differences between the two? Think they where both auto's not manual. Didnt find any diesal engines but i didnt look all that hard. Found an unreal amount of cool audi stuff, I got 4 pirelli 5000 Z rated tires that are 205/55/16 for 60$! Excellent tread and just what i needed for my car as the tread is dead on two tires. These tires are in the upper 120$ a peice normally! Also found a good set of cj springs they are going to sell me for 25$ and I want them due to the twist up on my last pair. Has anyone tried to do yj in the rear and cj up front? I think i might do that just to see, but i like the sound of being able to go thru the washboard a flying like daveaz does and Geoff B now. Hmmmm....

Oh yeah i tried that coffee can thing for more horsepower and i think their full of dooky. I only got maybe ten more out of it.

Will, I went to go get the seat belt out of my sammi today to mail to you. Asked Heidi to box it up and send it off and she says "Great, ill stick it in the same box the shifter is in?!" Needless to say she has not mailed it, so i took it from her and put the seat belt in it, but itll go out tommorow (today being tuesday the 30th) Sorry about the delay. No word from Greg though i left another message, hes a kid so i expect no response soon.

Just one more of the elite Samurai![img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img] External cage on a hardtop, x8ki wrn winch, M/L's,pny crb,98amp alt,32's, lckd f/r,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-30-2001, 05:33 PM
I Do This For The Glory

Re: 4 questions 1 statement to will

Max, no idea on the spring rate for the Troopers, that's the older style, mine is coil sprung. I have some spare coils though, for it and the Jeep (front springs look about right though), and am tempted to try it, but she may not like it, after all it's HER rig (or so she keeps reminding me when I talk of mods).

Glad the can worked with the hp, did you try 2 for 20 hp?
Man, you got to go dumpster diving, I'm envious. I'll be down on the 28th, for a meeting on the 1st in Manchester, NH, if that's OK.

JEEPN
Winter Harbor, Maine
'81 CJ-8 Scrambled!
It's a Jeep, Chevy, IHC kinda thing!
post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-30-2001, 06:47 PM Thread Starter

Thats great, I'll be here of course. Of course its ok, duhhhhh. Just drive your new sammi down so i can check it out.

Just one more of the elite Samurai![img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img] External cage on a hardtop, x8ki wrn winch, M/L's,pny crb,98amp alt,32's, lckd f/r,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 01-30-2001, 08:52 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Max,

Im in no hurry. Ive jus this week got the sammi clean. My dad sold my sisters car that was sittin in my garage so now i have my garage back. Ill get a check out to you for the shipping costs asap. If you want, go ahead and send me that grill. I might be able to make it work.

Thanks again
Will

post #5 of (permalink) Old 01-30-2001, 10:56 PM
Old Hand

Hey max, I think we're on the same page. I picked up a set of CJ springs for free, because I still have no idea what i am going to end up doing. Too many different options (finally) I need to convince myself to just spend the extra $.

-Ryan Primel
'88 zuk, 1.6L, spoa, drop-links, grs1, 32's, Locked & Warned
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode