How Bout this Holley carb? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-30-2001, 01:47 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

How Bout this Holley carb?

Has anyone here seen the Holley Webers? Its a progressive carb like a 32/36 but smaller( I dunno what size though)
The bolt pattern is the same as 23/36 weber. The holley wbber was used on ford pinto's and VW's I have a couple that I used on my toyota-- they were to small for the cfm requirements of my engine though

Matt

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-30-2001, 09:51 AM

Re: How Bout this Holley carb?

i have. they called them holley bug spray carbs i tried one will not fit without a adpter

RUN IN TO YOU LATER
post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-30-2001, 10:16 AM
Can't Get Enough

I would like to talk to you about the Bug Spray carbs. I am a hardcore VW guy and I have several of the 200cfm and one of the 300cfm models. Actually found rebuild kits for them too. You can pick these carbs for about $10-20 at VW swap meets. I want to put on on my Samurai 1.3L for obvious reasons. Tuning these carbs takes about 3 minutes, rebuilding them takes about 20 minutes. How did it handle on inclines? Where did you get the adapter? I was thinking about drilling my intake to mount it. Seems simpler to just drill the holes and tap in some studs instead of messing with the adapter. How did it handle as far as acceleration and torque?

Tim Martin
87' Samurai, 5.5" SPOA, 2" longer shackles, Modified CJ-5/Samurai springs, 31x10.5-15's, Hi-lift jack, and a crapped out 1.3L engine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 01-30-2001, 05:47 PM

the only reason i made the adpter is i did no want to mess the intake up beasuse i was going to but a pony carb on it i made the adpter at work the only probalm i had with it was a dead spot on take off i think i could have fixed it with jetting thow i finnaly put the pony on there they are about the same beacuse i could not tell any differnce

RUN IN TO YOU LATER
post #5 of (permalink) Old 01-31-2001, 04:04 PM
Keyboard Implanted

hey man, i used to run a holley off a 74 mustang circle track car. was jetted for a 2.3 never did rejet for my 1.3. eventually got the better of my motor. anyway, i swear by them. can get a reconditioned one from advance auto parts for $125, i am not into rebuilding a carb, i dont have the patience to readjust them. you can buy a adapter plate for them. costs $65 + shipping from the carb shop i got mine from. my buddy currently uses a early 80s mustang carb, looks different, even though it is a webber liscensed carb too, but no where as good as my old 1974 model holley.
BiLLy bOb

Do unto others as you want done to you!
If you pack it in, pack it out!
MUD is your friend baby!!!!!!!!!!
post #6 of (permalink) Old 01-31-2001, 10:55 PM
Can't Get Enough

Billy Bob - Is this the same style carburetor? This is a 200cfm Holley Bugspray which is really just a modified Ford pick-up carburetor. They don't get anymore basic than this, now do they? It works flawlessly and is a real snap to tune and rebuild.

Tim Martin
87' Samurai, 5.5" SPOA, 2" longer shackles, Modified CJ-5/Samurai springs, 31x10.5-15's, Hi-lift jack, and a crapped out 1.3L engine.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 28-321457-Holley200cfmBugspray.jpg (57.4 KB, 28 views)
post #7 of (permalink) Old 02-01-2001, 03:23 PM
Keyboard Implanted

hey zoomy, thats a completely different carb than the one i had. the one i had looks really similar to the webbers that are currently available for zuks. it is a 2 barrel, with mechanical secondaries. i have no way to post any pics, or i would be glad to send you some. sorry
BiLLy bOb

Do unto others as you want done to you!
If you pack it in, pack it out!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode