samis vs. jeeps - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-29-2001, 07:18 PM Thread Starter
Enthusiast

samis vs. jeeps

there's a battle going on here between which 4x4 is better. I've driven both and believe that the sami beats the heep hands down. my friend who owns a 89 yj thinks differently even though he's too pig headed to even try my sami (probably scared that I'm right)while he's busy winching his heep out of the mud I'm doing donuts around him and all his heep friends. I even offered him a tow out but he feels my vehicle isn't capable even though I've seen a sami pull out a hummer once. heeps should stick to the novice trails

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-29-2001, 07:23 PM Thread Starter
Enthusiast

Re: samis vs. jeeps

not that I have anything against jeeps but the owners that think they are better than sami owners without even trying a sami first

post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-29-2001, 07:42 PM
I Do This For The Glory

What, did you sign up today just to start something? Give me a break.

Neither is better, it's about 75% driver anyway. I have driven the most ruthless rigs you could imagine, and at the height of my ego (when I was young and foolish), I had a guy in a STOCK '51 Willys drive by me with street tires on, very humbling experience.

Both are designed to do things differently and will react in different situations. Each has their strengths and weaknesses, how you use them determines how well the vehicle does.

People downing one rig over another are typically inexperienced wheelers anyway. Anyone with any amount of time behind the wheel will tell you the same thing.

I love my jeeps. I also love the Zuki's and feel they're very capable, in some instances moreso than the jeeps, in some instances not.

Hey, while you're at it, why don't you post this over at the SWB BBS, and also ask which jeep is better, the CJ-5 or the CJ-7. You'll get the same response.

JEEPN
Winter Harbor, Maine
'81 CJ-8 Scrambled!
It's a Jeep, Chevy, IHC kinda thing!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 01-29-2001, 07:58 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Damn,

You just had to get Jeepn goin. Jus kiddin Jeepn. Im not a jeep hater. I dont like 90% of the punk asses that drive them tho. Jeepn is right, IT AINT THE WAND ITS THE MAGICIAN, my dad had a willys that went anywhere he pointed it. Ive got a Scout 800 with dana 60's and all the goodies. Its great for stuff like Tellico and the harder trails. My sami is stock and is great for the local stuff. True the 2 bumper stickers on the sami have to do with disliking jeeps but thats all in fun. I frankly dont care what you wheel with as long as we have a good day of trail ridin.

Keep on wheelin
Will

post #5 of (permalink) Old 01-29-2001, 08:33 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

well, i havent ridden in a jeep myself, but i took my buddy in my stock zuki and he has a CJ 7 with 3" huge 6 cyl and 33s and he says my zuki kicks a$$! but thats probably cause i threatend to leave him out in the middle of the wheat field... think?

~Goot
http://suzukigoot.rockcrawler.com/
post #6 of (permalink) Old 01-29-2001, 09:24 PM

[b]<font color=red> ""READ MEY LIPS"".
<font color=black> JEEP = GARBAGE--[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif[/img]
SUZUKI = GARBAGE TRUCK--[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Been in the auto repair business for 20 years or so. Design and engineering are every thing. Althought the Suzuki was designed to be a low budget get about car.
It is far superior to the jeep, (and all other chrysler products) when it comes to the engineering. Yes, 80% of the aftermarket off road industry is jeep. Yes they can be made to be KILLER rock crawlers, Yes, millions of people own them. But millions of people voted for Gwhore too.

Leeeeeeeeeeeeet's get ready to rumbllllllllllle!!

<font color=blue>BIGBEARZUK Big Bear Ca.</font color=blue>
<font color=purple>[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]-87 suzuki Hard Top,
5.5 SPOA 3"springs
,GRSII,32"MTR's,
Locker
</font color=purple>
post #7 of (permalink) Old 01-29-2001, 09:40 PM
Old Hand

That's my moto Zukinut. Suzuki, Jeep, Chevy, Ford, who cares as long as they're out wheelin on the trails having fun.

-Ryan Primel
'88 zuk, 1.6L, spoa, drop-links, grs1, 32's, Locked & Warned
post #8 of (permalink) Old 01-29-2001, 10:30 PM
Can't Get Enough

I agree with jeepn other than that I won't touch.

Bill Forrest!!...........Off-road champion.
http://www.geocities.com/zukybill/index.html
post #9 of (permalink) Old 01-29-2001, 10:39 PM

dang were does this leave me i have i cj2a & a zonk, horses 2 [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Trail Walking on Tenn Walkers , the first 4X4[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img] )
post #10 of (permalink) Old 01-29-2001, 11:32 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Hey JEEPN (or anyone), give us your top 10 or so offroad driving tips . Just pretend that nothing is too obvious.
Here's a couple of mine to start you off:
1 # tires on the high spots - diffs over the low spots.
2 # Really Low traction hill (snow/ice/mud) - get as much run as you dare in the highest gear that you know you won't have to shift down .Get revs in the power band at the bottom then Slowly ease Off the throttle all the way up the hill .
Feel free to differ.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode