Sitting around watching my Zuki videos... - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-28-2001, 02:02 AM
Loweguy

Sitting around watching my Zuki videos...

Hi guys,
As many of you know, I am a relative newcomer to Samurais. I happened to come across a fellow (who many of you know)-Geoff Beasley. His constant excitement about the sport encouraged me to buy my Zook...maybe the best 4x4 I've owned.

Anyway, shortly after buying the Zuki I ordered several VHS videos. I got a copy of the 2k ZukiMelt, and got both tapes on Zuks available from 4x4books.com.

Anyway, tonight I was rewatching my Clayton, OK tape when I noticed a few names I now know from this list. Tim Justice and Chris Robbins are both very prominent on the tape, not to mention several other who are likely on here I just didn't identify.

I'm not sure what my point is here...I am trying to stay up all night (I am on an overnight for work tomorrow night so I'm trying to sleep during the day Sunday), and I just thought it was cool to see some folks on there I actually am familiar with.

Imagine years from now...when Zukis have replaced Jeeps as the preferred method of 'wheeling....maybe I will be one of those names too!!!

I need to go to bed.

Later all!

Michael O

-01 Nissan Frontier XE King Cab
-00 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS
-88 Samurai, 2" Sky Manufacturing body lift, 1" Desert Steel lift shackles, 31" Mud Kings on Summit chrome spokes
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-28-2001, 11:27 AM

Re: Sitting around watching my Zuki videos...

Micheal you are on the east coast right? How did you meet Geoff? Wanna copy or lend me those tapes. Never seen any of them and i dont have a tv or a vcr but i could go to the library or glenns place to watch them. I hope that sammis dont replace jeeps, who would we show up unexpectedly?

Just one more of the elite Samurai![img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img] External cage on a hardtop, x8ki wrn winch, M/L's,pny crb,98amp alt,32's, lckd f/r,
post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-28-2001, 04:33 PM
Loweguy

Maybe we can all get together and I'll bring them with me...sort of a Zuki movie party/dinner or something. I still have to get up to Glenn's to get a piece or two of the rear floor out of his junker, as my truck has a couple of spots of rust-through (minor but they never get SMALLER, do they? )

You have a computer but no tv or vcr? Sounds like my kind of priorities-LOL.

Take care,

Michael O

-88 Samurai, 2" Sky Manufacturing body lift, 1" Desert Steel lift shackles, 31" Mud Kings on Summit chrome spokes
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 01-28-2001, 10:45 PM
zukiman

Hey Mike!

Thanks for the kind words. [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img] I sure am glad you're happy with your Zuk. I'm totally happy with mine right now....just about have that Wrangler spring conversion from Canyon State Components finished, and I can't wait to try it out. I'm just hoping I can get you out this way someday with your Samurai so we can go out and have some fun!

Keep in touch, buddy!

--Geoff Beasley
Suzuki Tech Editor: http://www.Off-Road.com

post #5 of (permalink) Old 01-29-2001, 10:27 AM

On the Clayton Video you got to love Leonard's sweet 94 Samurai as it slowly breaks through the ice. Your's truley graced the cover of the video. It looks like a nice wheel stand but I am actually breaking an axle. That had to be the coldest day I ever went 4 wheelin.

post #6 of (permalink) Old 01-29-2001, 10:53 AM
Old Hand

I couldn't fall asleep last night so I stayed up untill 3am watching the Zookimelt video. It never gets old. Funny thing you bring it up. I also have the clayton video and I actually got the idea for my bumper design from that red '94 in the video. Can't wait untill Zookimelt 2001. Maybe I'll be in the video for more than 2 seconds at a time this year

-Ryan Primel
'88 zuk, 1.6L, spoa, drop-links, grs1, 32's, Locked & Warned
post #7 of (permalink) Old 01-29-2001, 12:14 PM
Loweguy

I thought it was a nice idea to combine everybody's personal video...but of course it didn't contribute to very good picture quality.

Mel and I found our old VHS camcorder in a closet...and out of nowhere it WORKS. SO...I'm going to make a mount to put it in my Zuki-no guarantee on the quality but it will make for a fun memory if nothing else.

I'm hoping that a PRO tapes the thing, too.

Michael O

post #8 of (permalink) Old 01-29-2001, 12:20 PM

That bumper on the red 94 is extremely nice. I forgot how many hours Leonard has it it but it is nice. He also did his own nerf bars and they are equally as well built as his bumber. He is a pretty good fabricator and actually thought about getting into the Samurai aftermarket business.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode