How many Samurai's do you own? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-27-2001, 11:52 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

How many Samurai\'s do you own?

ok, im totally new here but i noticed right away that most of you have more then 1. I have had a total of 5 so far:

1. 1987 Conv Sahara tan...not to common a color but it really looks nice...I bought this one new when I was 18 (first car) it was 7000.00 dollars and was a JA model. I was forced to sell it a year later because of some financial issues.

2. 1984 SJ410 Yellow Conv....I bought this one for 500.00, some kids were using it for offroading and it have a ton of dents all over it...I really liked it though. All I remember is the dash was different and it had a 35hp motor i think......(I really wish I kept this one)...sold it to a old friend for 1000.00 and have no idea if its still on the road.

3. 1988 silver hardtop...it was totaled..bought it for parts for 900.00...used the parts for the SJ410 then sold the motor for 400.00.

4. 1991 White conv 2wd version...Suxed in the snow but other then that loved it. Got the 100000k mile service plan and ended up never needing service. traded it in for 1000.00.

5. 1988 blue conv....used this for about a year 30k....and sold it a few months ago.....was rusted a bit to much for my liking and i was just sick of the color.

6. Shopping for it right now.....actually might end up getting 2 of them since there so cheap now...would love to get both a soft and hard top.

Well enough of me babling............lets here about everyone elses zukes.

Totally addicted to Samurai's!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-27-2001, 11:56 PM

Re: How many Samurai\'s do you own?

just 1 so far want to get some mods done on it before i get the next [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Trail Walking on Tenn Walkers , the first 4X4[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img] )
post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-28-2001, 12:11 AM
Keyboard Implanted

What, you mean some people only have one?

C'sZuki
PartsZuki
RollZuki

DannyL
Pony Express
Updated site 17 Jan 2001
http://www.partszuki.homestead.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 01-28-2001, 12:29 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

1)87 hardtop in resto project now 1.6 3sp auto ac/pwst on spoa with 31x10.5 2)86 jx conv mostly stock 2" s/r with 30x9.5 3)87 conv arena racer down for repairs 4)88 conv 5.13 locked with 9 1/2" susp lift 2" body lift 1.6 bored .40 over with .330 isky cam,headers on 36"x12.50 super swampers

Drive it like you stole it!!!
post #5 of (permalink) Old 01-28-2001, 12:52 AM
zukiman

I haven't had a need for more than one Samurai. [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img] I've been 'wheeling mine hard since 1994 and it's held up pretty darn well. I do have about a half a Samurai worth of spare parts stashed away "just in case." I must be honest, I wish I had more Zuks though!

--Geoff Beasley

post #6 of (permalink) Old 01-28-2001, 08:03 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

i had an 87 jx softtop. sold to my sons friend. my son put a locker in the rear. i bought another jl softtop with hardtop 88. stock for now with bad rear axle. sons selling me rebuilt stock zuk axles and welding em on spoa. just bought a 90 f.i.. jl softop. (need new softop) this will be the trail rig. spoa. 31 swamper tsls lockers front and rear.

post #7 of (permalink) Old 01-28-2001, 10:24 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Wish i could have anohter one, but around here u just dont find to many. thats why i got mine, i like to be uhhh, forget what teh word is. Anyways, i bought mine for 1500, but it was very good working order, but stock.
i found another here in town just recently, white w/ Soft top looks like a 90. I really want to buy it so as soon as i see the for sale sign its mine!
So until i find another one for around the price you guys found yours, i think i will just keep adding more and more mods to the one i have.

~Goot
http://suzukigoot.rockcrawler.com/
post #8 of (permalink) Old 01-28-2001, 12:22 PM

Goot: I think the word you were looking for was unique. Although it could have been delinquent. Anyway if you have your eye on another Samurai I would suggest you approach the owner or someone else may. My current hardtop was purchased from an 81 year old that was going to give it to the grandkids until I came along.

-Farther
post #9 of (permalink) Old 01-28-2001, 01:32 PM

So far I only have one but only time will tell about others.Zookies used to be REAL cheap around here in Ga and plentifull too,until people started finding out about there offroad capabilities maybe?or It couldve been this BBS and they saw how popular they are amongst us so they aint budging anymore in price[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

87"dug from the grave"zuk[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
Best mod-it runs,finally!!![img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]
87 XJ 4.0 with about a squillion miles and wont quit.Do they ever die?[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
post #10 of (permalink) Old 01-28-2001, 02:43 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

heheh, mayb it was deliquent haha.

i hear what your saying, im gonna have to look hard and fast. [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

~Goot
http://suzukigoot.rockcrawler.com/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode