rear end moves in reverse but not forward? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-27-2001, 08:07 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

rear end moves in reverse but not forward?

ok i just bought my 2nd zuki for parts but hell it runs as good as my other one so i think ill use it as a mud toy lol only one thing the rear end will move in revese but not in forward i was told it was the pinion bearing im not sure i bought it for 200 its not the best shape but for a mud toy it will work lol and ideas?????

Flaming Zuki
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-27-2001, 10:27 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: rear end moves in reverse but not forward?

disconnect the rear drive shaft and leave it in gear and try and roll it if it rolls forward start in the rear if not start looking at the t-case and/or tranny.

Drive it like you stole it!!!
post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-27-2001, 10:58 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

thanx zuk for the idea but the guy already took the whole rear end out the axle housing and all lol but i know the trans is good cause it would pull the front wheels in all gears need to loo and see it t-case is truning and check the pinion bearing in the rear end

Thanz WildZuki

Flaming Zuki
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 01-28-2001, 07:11 AM

Ok, How do you guys get these great deals on Samarais? I need the body only, and I cant find one for less than 1000. I dont even care about the shape or running condition.

Anyone have a body (or cheap/partially complete) sami for sale?

A guy at work wanted to sell me a running (but wont pass DEQ) sami for $500 and it has a new soft top, and everything is in working order. BUT he said there is no title and the guy that actually owns it doesnt want to do anything with the title. Which tell me either he owes money on it, or its stolen. So I guess its a No Go

My Web Page
'81 Toyota Trekker, 350, TH350, Toy T-case, 4.10s, 36" buckshots.
Built For Go, Not For Show!!
post #5 of (permalink) Old 01-28-2001, 08:07 AM
Addict

If you can get a VIN your local law enforcement maybe able to tell you if the unit is stolen. If not you could explain the situtation to them and see if there is any way to get a title without the owners help. Just remember if you decide to go this route you will need to co-operate fully with them, if something flakey turns up.

Good luck in what ever route you decide to take.

post #6 of (permalink) Old 01-28-2001, 01:08 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

well if that guy was around here with that zuki it would be gone no title no problem the one i bought that the rear end is messed up on has no title but hey same modle as mine and spray paint works wonders lol but if you just want it for parts you just need to get what you want off it and then junk it

WildZuki

Flaming Zuki
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode