Front Driveshaft CV clearance - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-27-2001, 05:46 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Front Driveshaft CV clearance

Ok, so I get a nice new, heavy duty, CV front driveshaft. The indestructable kind, weighs 25 lbs. I put it on, and ready to go wheeling! Oops. The CV is so big, it is NOT QUITE clearing the crossmember. The one with the Tranny bolted to it! So, it is hitting with the suspension level on the street. I'm guessing it is going to really hit when I get flexing off road???
So, what do you guys do with a new front driveshaft???? Can I just turn it around, and run the CV at the Diff end???? I always thought the CV was supposed to be up at the tcase end. That is the way the rear is, however, there is no cross member back there!
Help if you can! That new front shaft was expensive!

Andy Feingold
88.5 Samurai, SPOA,Rancho springs, Rocklobster, full cage, Schroth Harness belts, EZ locker, 32x10.50 Swampers, on board air, Weber, header etc...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-27-2001, 09:08 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Front Driveshaft CV clearance

Ok, for those that are interested, My trusted contacts have informed me. My new super tough heavy duty front driveshaft with CV joint is running 1310 U joints. That CV is too big to fit past our frame cross member. It has been suggested, that we would want 1210 U joints and a smaller CV joint in the front driveshaft. So, you can run 1310's all over the rear, and in the front of the front shaft, just not in the front CV! And no, you should not run a CV at the diff end of a driveshaft. 'nough said.
Thanks to all who've helped out!

Andy Feingold
88.5 Samurai, SPOA,Rancho springs, Rocklobster, full cage, Schroth Harness belts, EZ locker, 32x10.50 Swampers, on board air, Weber, header etc...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode