Got Stuck!! - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-27-2001, 04:57 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Got Stuck!!

Well it had to happen, went expolring Friday with Mel in the Pig, saw this easy little track leading down to a creek, easy till we saw the fallen tree that is. I decided to back up and there it was a stunning lack of traction, i had 1 wheel up in the air and nothing coming from the other three, not even a peep from the front (is that normal??) adn the airborn wheel was spinning free as can be!! Had to kike to the local pub and bribe a bush guy 12 beers to drag our buts out of there, Yeah yeah i know i need a locked back end. Jus twhy though did the front fail completely?
Dave

88 Vitara JLX, Koni's, King Coils 2.5" over, MT's, JayCar ign boost, Motivator Header, 2" sys, Mikuni 28/30.

Money = Power = Fun & angry spousal unit
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-27-2001, 11:16 AM
Keyboard Implanted

Re: Got Stuck!!

SOUNDS LIKE A WINCH IS IN YOUR FUTURE.RR

THANK GOD FOR VETERANS AND SUZUKIS-BOTH KEEP YOU FREE. FOUNDER;INDIANA SUZUKI EMERGENCY RESPONSE TEAM
post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-27-2001, 11:58 AM

If the front didnt turn then you either were not locked at the hubs or not engaged in the transfer case. I hope that was the case because if not, you have a serious problem in the driveline that to no end could mean two wheel drive.

Just one more of the elite Samurai![img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img] External cage on a hardtop, x8ki wrn winch, M/L's,pny crb,98amp alt,32's, lckd f/r,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 01-27-2001, 04:25 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

A winch, mmmmm say happy trails! But the wedding is 7 weeks away, an till that's done I aint allowed to buy toys, so it's take it easy till then. The front hubs were locked, too so i guess i'm crawling under again today at work huh?? How can i check those hubs?? Jacked rotation, i guess that'll show the drive shaft engaging, but would the same apply under load??

88 Vitara JLX, Koni's, King Coils 2.5" over, MT's, JayCar ign boost, Motivator Header, 2" sys, Mikuni 28/30.

post #5 of (permalink) Old 01-27-2001, 06:16 PM

Its really only when you get stuck,do you REALLY start contemplating recovery gear.All I got right now is a towstrap,come-a-long and chain,perfect "poor mans solution"[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

87"dug from the grave"zuk[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
Best mod-it runs,finally!!![img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]
87 XJ 4.0 with about a squillion miles and wont quit.Do they ever die?[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
post #6 of (permalink) Old 01-27-2001, 07:32 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Recovery gear is a wonderful thing, now if I only had some. Im the king of stucks, I always end up doing something stupid.. famous last words "Hey! Ill betcha I can do that". I do more damage getting my truck out than i do getting it stuck in the first place because at this point, i cant even afford simple recovery gear, hopefully that will change soon. Anyways, have an "unstuck beer" on me, i've had plenty of them.

Justin
Bbytrkr

post #7 of (permalink) Old 01-27-2001, 11:11 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

God bless the man who takes recovery beers!! They make the world go round and help rescue idiots like me (and all of you out there you know who you are) (in a voice like your mom's). Winch for Birthday I think!

Well just in case you were wondering i pulled down the locking hubs, and guess what i found?? Rust water and a lack of grease, so the stuck i suffered was all the worse for the fact that i could have avoided it had i serviced the hubs prior to heading out on Friday, still no harm done the hubs are clean and working now so there;s the moral who needs recovery gear if you keep to the maintenace schedule!!!!!
Later All
Dave

post #8 of (permalink) Old 01-28-2001, 12:03 PM
Keyboard Implanted

madcap,the winch would make a wonderful gift to your wife. it shows how much you love her.no matter how bad it gets ON THE TRAIL,you will always be able to return to her loving arms.RR

THANK GOD FOR VETERANS AND SUZUKIS-BOTH KEEP YOU FREE. FOUNDER;INDIANA SUZUKI EMERGENCY RESPONSE TEAM
post #9 of (permalink) Old 01-29-2001, 03:00 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Ha hah hahhha hha ha ah ha ha ha, Ahh RR you crack me up Why I never quite thought of it that way before sterling logic man! I think i see a plam forming!
Later all
Dave

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode