cheap turbo - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-26-2001, 02:32 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

cheap turbo

anybody ever remove that little 10mm bolt behind the accelerator?It made about 10 mph difference on the interstate.I checked my other zuks they were already missing.Mine was adjusted way out.

Drive it like you stole it!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-26-2001, 03:42 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: cheap turbo

This little bolt is for keeping the load off your accelerator cable. I'd rather advice you to adjust it, so your butterfly in the carb fully opens. If you remove it,
you might end up with a broken accelerator cable in the middle of nowhere.

post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-26-2001, 07:45 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

i was thinking about this little thing at the back of the peadal. I was going to remove since i just got a new cable [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Mayb it can handle it a little? What else might get "hurt" in the process of doing this. 10mph sounds like a world of difference hehe.

~Goot
http://suzukigoot.rockcrawler.com/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 01-26-2001, 08:36 PM

I removed the bolts on both of my Samurais. So far I have had not problems, but that doesn't mean I won't.

-Farther
post #5 of (permalink) Old 01-26-2001, 08:38 PM

I removed mine once and when i floored it, it just stuck there kinda. not good.
Anton

87 Suzuki Samurai JX, Hybrid SPOA, expander shackles, removable doors, coustom bumpers, gator guard 2 interior, fast back top, rear locker, 31's, GM100A Alt, 2, 33's. 740 RTI
post #6 of (permalink) Old 01-26-2001, 09:08 PM
Can't Get Enough

If your throttle is not opening all the way when your pedal is fully depressed then the two nuts on the throttle linkage bracket near the carb just need to be adjusted so it will open fully. There's no need to remove the throttle pedal stop bolt... it is there to adjust the free play in the pedal.

post #7 of (permalink) Old 01-27-2001, 05:06 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

You wanna real kick in the pants?? take a vac line from the carb and run it to the vacume operated diaphragm for the secondary, then run a hose from that vac line to the connection to the cooling system. I say this because you have 1 to the dizzy (dont mess with it) 1 to the cooling or EC gear and 1 to the charcoal cannister, it's your pick but i'd choose the EC/cooling hose. The effect is to get the secondary opening up way eariler kinda comes on with a bang! And it shouldn't hurt much more than the milage, as it's sucking more, but the vacume is generated in the carb not the manifold, it tried hookups from the manifold but they had too much suction and kept the secondary open at idle so it was a throaty 2k rpm idle, not good. Try that for more kick from the zook it'll feel like supercharging
Dave

88 Vitara JLX, Koni's, King Coils 2.5" over, MT's, JayCar ign boost, Motivator Header, 2" sys, Mikuni 28/30.

Money = Power = Fun & angry spousal unit
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode