Off Roading Forums banner

Honda engine swap

543 views 6 replies 1 participant last post by  **DONOTDELETE** 
G
#1 ·
Does anyone know of any rear wheel drive transmission available in the US that will mate to a Honda 2.0 or 2.2 litre engine?

G
#2 ·
Are you attempting to side step the "Honda Engine Spins Backward" prolem? Here is an idea...if you don't mind custom work and emisisons ant an issue....go wiht a Koubta(SP) 3 Cyl Diesel engine! I think Honda also makes an industrial use 4 cyl engine that might serve well but it's ment for generators and such not a vehicle!

None the less....I like your idea! If you fine one..let me know!

Hey you could just use two transmissions(volvo's have been done) and always leave one in reverse! Don't think it's worth the effort just so you can use a honda engine but it's an idea!

Enjoy your search...

G
#4 ·
ya, i thought about that, but i forgot who, replied real quick, saying that the engine turns counter clockwise. BUt if it werent for that, i would do the swap in a heartbeat!
Espeacially the Vtecs!

~Goot

#5 ·
What tranny if any will bolt up the 3cyl. Kabota with out mods? I do have a drawing of an adapter plate that will bolt up a toy. 5spd to the Kabota. Just need a machine shop to put an estimate on making it.

87 Samurai- under construction
92 Samurai

Zookin- a family affair

G
#7 ·
I cen hook you up....I sent you a msg off the board....

Hey if anyone needs custom fab work I can hook you up, it is my line of work nowadays and Our company is starting to specialize in online work and supplies! Yippe!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.