P/S-A/C project update - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-25-2001, 11:09 AM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

P/S-A/C project update

Just to let you know my status on this bugger. For one, I'm sick with the flu, so I'm not up to par and been resting a lot, but...

The Box and steering linkage is in. Both the A/C and P/S pumps and custom brackets are in. We built a custom crank pulley from a Sammy twin-V crank pully and a 'Kick twin-MicroV pulley. Everything lines up perfect so far.

Today is the day we put a belt on it. Hopefully all goes well.

FYI - We have done this whole conversion using genuine Suzuki parts and so far haven't spent a dime on anything else other that the stuff from the junk yard. Total investment: $200 for the P/S stuff, $40 for 'Kick A/C pump, $15 for Sammy A/C bracket and $10 for the 'Kick crank pulley. Total so far: $265.00

Oh, and I picked up a set of sweet Tracker seats for $20, black with red center. They went in real easy with a lil' fab'ri'katin'.

And I'm still sick.

<font color=blue>Yankee Tim</font color=blue>[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-25-2001, 07:36 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: P/S-A/C project update

What engine are you running?I plan on starting a long term project with my hardtop with the 1.6 and auto tranny I have the tracker donor what all do I need to get of of it to install power sterring and a/c back in the zuk.My donor does not have p/s but all the a/c unit is complete.I will also swap over to the efi useing the donor harness.Any tips?

Drive it like you stole it!!!
post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-26-2001, 05:51 AM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

Re: P/S-A/C project update

I still run the 1.3 that came with it. I think the mounts are similar, but I don't know if the motor sits the same as a 1.6. I'll be posting some pics of it today (later). We only need to install the belt (special order) and P/S fluid and it's back running. After that, it's modifing the manifold on the A/C, installing the oiler and filter, fittings, plumb hose to a tank and the on-board air is done.

Next up, 5.12's, front locker, birf beef and a on-board welder.

<font color=blue>Yankee Tim</font color=blue>[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 01-27-2001, 07:23 AM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

It\'s in and running

UPDATE

It's in and running. Wow, does P/S make turning 33's easy. Now I can go back to being a muscle-less, fat ass wimp.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

Going to work on the air pump today. The pump I have is from a tracker and I need to swap in a 413 A/C pump manifold.

Right now, I'm off to go get my SJ410 grille AND the coveted 410 side view mirrors.

Pics of the install later today, and I will be doing a write up on our site for all the advanced fabbers out there. NOTE: this mod is not so easy and requires lots of thought, skill and even more beer.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]

post #5 of (permalink) Old 01-27-2001, 07:49 AM
Keyboard Implanted

Re: It\'s in and running

why do you have to use the samurai manifold with the tracker A/C pump??

post #6 of (permalink) Old 01-27-2001, 09:48 AM
MRLoneWolfe

Sorry I didnt stay longer to see the gran-finale'Glad to hear its working good have to see first hand later on!how long a ride you go on?

MRLoneWolfe AKA THROTTLE MONGER,1988Sami SPUA,5in Calmini,lockrites,TSL Thornbirds,YOR-bumpers and rockrails,Sidekick seats,z-link,YOR-pumkin protectors,1.3+.030
post #7 of (permalink) Old 01-28-2001, 10:02 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

zooky - No, you can use the Sammy pump. I just got the kick 'cuz it was there and it had the micro-v pulley to match the P/S pump. While Bob was under the hood of a wreck he found a Sammy A/C. The manifold on the Sammy is different that the Kick, and would be easier to put fittings on it. I think a Sammy pump would do fine, it's just I got one that needs more FAB'RI'KATIN'!

Matt - DUDE! One finger turning! So sweet.

post #8 of (permalink) Old 01-28-2001, 10:55 AM
MRLoneWolfe

Great Tim!Can I take if for a short ride to see the difference myself-Just for grins and giggles?

MRLoneWolfe AKA THROTTLE MONGER,1988Sami SPUA,5in Calmini,lockrites,TSL Thornbirds,YOR-bumpers and rockrails,Sidekick seats,z-link,YOR-pumkin protectors,1.3+.030
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode