Whats the low down on the X 90? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-24-2001, 05:24 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Whats the low down on the X 90?

So whats the low down on the X 90? I found one for $5000 with 32k. Is it worth it? Many aftermarket accesories to put on it? Looks pretty fun! Tell me what you have found out. thx

~Goot
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-24-2001, 06:06 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Whats the low down on the X 90?

The x-90 is essentially the same as a 16v Sidekick, but with a different body. Everything that can be done to a 95+ 16v can be done to the 90.

91 Suzuki Sidekick JX Softtop. K&N Filter, Aurora 8mm Plug Wires.
www.geocities.com/vtecsucks
post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-24-2001, 09:08 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I was thinking the same thing. I came acrossed two last week in the middle of nowhere for sale. A black one and a weird purple one. I figure some day when I have time I will stop and look at them. But, I was wondering the same question. What can or can not be done with these little vehicles? Would be a neat off-roader for the wife... Wonder if she ever reads this BBS....

Turn it till it breaks, then back off 1/4 turn
1986 Suzuki Samurai JX
2000 Suzuki Esteem seats
2" Calmini S/R
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 01-24-2001, 09:59 PM
zukiman

My sister has had an X-90 for about 9 months, and she absolutely adores it. It's a blast to drive too. I love that little thing!

Until now, it's been stock. But thanks to my influence, she hasn't been able to leave it alone. Since it has the same chassis as teh SWB Sidekick/Tracker, any suspension components that'll work for the 'Kick will work for the X-90. We installed the Old Man Emu 1.5-inch lift to upgrade the tires 2.5 inches from stock 195/60-15 street tires to 225/70-15 Yokohama Geolandar AT+. Ground clearance, traction, handling, wheel travel, and ride quality have improved substantially. And it's gone from a cute little "car" to a tough-looking little brute. [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img] If only I could convince her to install a locker!

As always, with any Suzuki modification I make (on my truck or my sister's) you can expect a full write-up on Off-Road.com in the near future.

--Geoff Beasley
Suzuki Tech Editor: http://www.Off-Road.com

post #5 of (permalink) Old 01-24-2001, 10:20 PM

don't tell her just put it in LOL

Trail Walking on Tenn Walkers , the first 4X4[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img] )
post #6 of (permalink) Old 01-25-2001, 07:00 AM
ronin

Geoff,
Glenn at RRO said you guys might doing a build up artcile on the X using the OME lift kit. I would really be interested in such a review/install as I have been thinking about adding one to my X.

On a related note, there is a guy on the X-90 BBS on yahoo that is in the process of putting on a 3" Calmini sidekick lift a 2" body lift 30x12.50 MT Baja Claws on 15x10 MT Classics. He is going to swap out to a lower gearing using sidekick parts. Should be a nice ride when he gets done.

later

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode