Q on toyota rear driveshafts - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-24-2001, 02:07 PM Thread Starter

Q on toyota rear driveshafts

I am looking at a line on toyota driveshafts. I can get them, but the guy only has one from a rear ifs 4x4 the rest are from a 2 wheel drive truck. Can I use the 2 wheel drive shaft from an extended cab? Are they the same? Thanks for info. Max

Just one more of the elite Samurai![img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img] External cage on a hardtop, x8ki wrn winch, M/L's,pny crb,98amp alt,32's, lckd f/r, j**p eater
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-24-2001, 02:42 PM
mike shannon

Re: Q on toyota rear driveshafts

hey max all the two wheel drive shafts i looked at had a slip yoke for the trans instead of a flange. i used a front ifs drive shaft for my rear and i have be real happy with it. it is a standard drive shaft[no cv]. and it will take way more axle movement than a zuk and the slip yoke is way bigger and longer. plus you don't have to redo the spring perches. i havent had one problem out of it later mike.

88.5ht,two87s,88.5 spoa,33X12.50,5.12 f&r,rock cage,4.16 T case
post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-25-2001, 12:18 AM Thread Starter

Re: Q on toyota rear driveshafts

So only the rear of the exteded cabs have cv drive shafts? It kills me to find this out, since i just gave away a rollover 89 extended cab to a guy in need a few months back in sept. I coulda used that! I might try the front drive shaft out, depends on what they cost.... Thanks mike.

Just one more of the elite Samurai![img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img] External cage on a hardtop, x8ki wrn winch, M/L's,pny crb,98amp alt,32's, lckd f/r, j**p eater
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode