Need help, I think??? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-23-2001, 07:28 PM Thread Starter

Need help, I think???

The other day my wife wrote a letter to one of our sons. In the letter she called me a “Suzukiholic”! What does that mean? Is there such a thing? I can’t understand her problem. I’ve only spent the last two months in and under the Sami. I haven’t spent more than 12 to 18 hours a day working on it. I even took the time to fix a flat on her car, about three weeks ago. AND, I even took a bath, last Saturday night, or was that the Saturday before last? I don’t understand it?

Is there a ZA meeting that I should be going to? You know, Zuk’s Anonymous.

Well, gota go. I’d tell you more but, I need to get back to work . . . . on the Sami.
BTW, my wife want’s to know the number to GreyHound. Seems she wants to go and see her mama? Women!

<font color=red>Beat It To Fit . . </font color=red><font color=green>. . Paint It To Match</font color=green> [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-23-2001, 07:47 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Need help, I think???

Not to worry my friend, your not in this alone. I my self have only recently been called a Suzuki Nut. Im guessing suzukiholic and suzuki nut are about the same, but i may be little worse off spending all day thinkign about suzuki, for the last 3 months! thats only thinking! i feel it may only get worse in Feb as that is when the 3rd annual all Zuk run at Disney Ok, maybe they will have ZA there.
well Good luck on defeating your "problem" as you may need it! i know for sure i will never get rid of mine

~Goot
post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-23-2001, 07:52 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

One of the first steps is admiting you have a problem, your almost there. Now if only I could remember the rest of them! Hey, you could tell her that it's better then a younger woman.

Glen
Calmini S/R, and still waiting for the damn bolton thing to fall apart or kill me
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 01-23-2001, 08:34 PM

Bobcat--As Glen said, you have admitted your obvious problem, but I see another problem. It is apparent to me from your hours of work that you may be coming down with tinkeritis. My wife declares that I have it but I don't believe it.

post #5 of (permalink) Old 01-23-2001, 08:37 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Tinker is right about the Women thing, I always tell my wife "At least I'm not Cheating on you with another woman" Her reply is "Yeh but I can't compete with your Samurai like I could with another woman!"
Samurais are soo fun to play with though, Once you start you just can't stop!

Ford guy with twin rockcrawling Samurai's [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
post #6 of (permalink) Old 01-23-2001, 09:48 PM

you sound totaly normal to me. i just got in the house from
working on my sammi its 9:45pm and i have to get up at
4:00 am. i know i don't have a problem no time to drink &
my wife can't find anybody to give me to.--oldzuki

88 spoa samurai/weber/
97 sidekick sport
those that can samurai those that can't ?
post #7 of (permalink) Old 01-23-2001, 11:41 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Totally normal dude,

I've been called a zook-freak, zookaholic, zook-nut and various other names by my family members. I'm forever playing with something on the sami *L* My girl is as bad as I am. She'll make excuses up so she could get under the sami and tinker around a bit.

ZA would be a great thing. Just so long as it didn't involve driving long distances in a J**P. eeeeerck.

'85 SuziSkip
Slowly building a beast.
"If it's too hard or you're a pussy, give me a go at it"
post #8 of (permalink) Old 01-24-2001, 12:04 AM

DONT READ IF YOUR UNDER 21!

Yeah you definately have a problem. Heidi loves that i work on the zukis and gets greasy with me. She never questions cause there is nothing to question about my actions. She doesnt get jealous cause after a day on the zuk I give her a full mid night tune up and lube job ritually, got to take care of both chasis and thats a fact. I am so happy and elated that she came to me and asked if she could drive her own zuk to the ZUKIMELT to wheel with everyone and not just be a passanger with me. Its times like this I cant run her to the alter fast enough, but all in good time....
I Went over to Glenns place (2 1/2 hrs each way) and we worked on a rig that his Brother in law might purchase. We didnt have to work long and did what we needed to do, then went out to dinner and i drove back. Its 1 am and I have school in the morning in just a few hours, so yeah i know a bit of what your talking about, but due to no heated garage or even remotely reasonable place to work, im really limited. Glenn and i are trying to hook up and force each other to do some winter work so we can keep up with the rest of the zuki evolution thats taking place on this board without us. Next week im going to try and put togother one of the two ponys i have to rebuild. Then its maybe power steering time.... Too many parts laying around and no damn time to put them on! Bobcat, your doing fine. There are zukaholics meetings though that you should attend. Tell your wife your seeking treatment and go to Zookin2k1 in october and ZUKIMELT3 in july and the one in pittsburg in may with us. That should help you in adjusting with your peers. We can help.

Just one more of the elite Samurai![img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img] External cage on a hardtop, x8ki wrn winch, M/L's,pny crb,98amp alt,32's, lckd f/r, j**p eater
post #9 of (permalink) Old 01-24-2001, 11:48 AM

Re: DONT READ IF YOUR UNDER 21!

Dont you get sick of working on the trucks? I havent been wheelin for months, just working and working on them!! Its really annoying... Oh well at least i get to ride with somone this weekend, but still i wanna drive my truck! :-)
Anton

87 Suzuki Samurai JX, Hybrid SPOA, expander shackles, removable doors, coustom bumpers, gator guard 2 interior, fast back top, rear locker, 31's, GM100A Alt, 2, 33's. 740 RTI
post #10 of (permalink) Old 01-24-2001, 12:40 PM
SRN

Feel lucky that you have someone that complains about your addiction.

Stephen R. Nielson
'86 Samurai "Simple Sami MK2"
"Never show mercy, never give up, just keep on going!"
http://home.off-road.com/~zukinet
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode