Help with Daily Driver - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-22-2001, 09:09 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Help with Daily Driver

Hi, I have a very stock sami, I use it for a DD and am drivin' 60+ miles a day, I need mileage and good looks...how can ya'll help? ( I have a 3" lift in the Garage waiting for the nice weather)

88 sami, new thermostat, 215/70/15s (I'm goin' big not new), new teflon wipers from Canadian Tire.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-22-2001, 10:11 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Help with Daily Driver

Make sure engine is in good tune and timing is correct, new air filter, pcv valve, Synthetic lube in everything, the lift will not help your mileage, low tire pressure really hurts mileage but helps ride comfort, header with 2" exhaust and new cat con. cheap soft shocks, remove overload leafs, longer shackles soften ride by increasing leverage on springs, maybe a fastback top, narrow tires have less rolling resistance and or less likely to road walk, remember that with this small an engine, anything that eases the workload will pay off like an electric fan to replace the belt driven fan/clutch.

88 Sam 4.16t/c,lockrite rear,225-75's on stock wheels, 4.5 spoa
post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-22-2001, 10:19 PM

The only thing I would add to what Papa said is use a K&N air filter. If you live in a warm weather area, drill some 2-3" holes around the permiter of your air filter box to increase the air to the engine. Or if you live in a cold climate, get a spare air box and drill it out. Use the unmodified in cold weather and the free flowing one in warm. If you drill holes in your air box be cautious when fording deep water.

-Farther
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 01-23-2001, 12:07 PM

Upgrade your exhaust, intake, and the ignition system.
Exhaust: Free flow muffler and maybe a header
Intake: K&N filter and maybe a Weber carb
Ignition: Hotter coil or maybe a Jocobs or Mallory ignition system
Maybes are if you have a good budget. The others will get you a couple more ponies

post #5 of (permalink) Old 01-23-2001, 12:49 PM
Old Hand

I have been using mine as my daily driver for the last 3 years this I also drive 45-65 miles a day between classes and work. I went with a thorley header, 2inch exhaust and a K&N filter charger. suspension, I tossed on a Spoa, 3 inch body a 2 inch shackle, I went with 33x12.50 Dunlop mud rovers because they are quieter on the highway. inside I tossed in a tach and put a sweet sound system that bumps 7 speakers w/2400 watt amp. (I love my music and so will everyone in a block radius). Some of the things I wish I would have done and will do is put a better riding suspension. I'm thinking coil, or YJ springs, better ride both on and off the road. I wish I had more HP still. I can get up to 75 after a while but if the wind is against me I'm chill'n at 45. I went with a slant back top to help with that part of it. I would also recommend upgrading your seats if you don't have a jx. I can't think of anything else right now but I know are more things that I have done to make it more "streetable" I post them when I remember. Hope that helps.

Driving off-road needs to be done well, like throwing a fly at a rising trout in dark, calm waters. Take pride in the task, and the reward is more than the destination.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 01-23-2001, 01:48 PM
pugrocker

Liam:

I would go with headers (either Calmini or a Thorley) and a good exhaust system with a high flow cat......Toss in a K & N in the stock box and you will get a noticeable increase in power and increase your mpgs.

pug

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode