Big rubber on a Kick? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-03-2001, 08:45 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Big rubber on a Kick?

Hi all, my MT's are almost done, i was running 215x75x15's i was wondering now that i have 50mm (2.5") lift on the pig what is the largest size tyre i can shoehorn under the guard? ie 30,31,32? anyone running big tyres on a kick know about this??

88 Vitara JLX, Koni's, King Coils 2.5" over, MT's, JayCar ign boost, Motivator Header, 2" sys, Mikuni 28/30.

Money = Power = Fun & angry spousal unit
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-03-2001, 09:54 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Big rubber on a Kick?

With 2.5", you can run 30's. Dependong on the tire though, you might have to expect some rubbing offroad.

http://www.rocky-road.com
post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-03-2001, 09:57 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Thanks Glen much appreciated.

88 Vitara JLX, Koni's, King Coils 2.5" over, MT's, JayCar ign boost, Motivator Header, 2" sys, Mikuni 28/30.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 01-04-2001, 06:26 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

You will easily clear the 30..... shouldn't have any rubbing whatsoever.

91 Suzuki Sidekick JX Softtop. K&N Filter, Aurora 8mm Plug Wires.
www.geocities.com/vtecsucks
post #5 of (permalink) Old 01-04-2001, 09:29 AM
pugrocker

When I had my 4 Door Sidekick (with a Calmini 2" lift) - I used 29 X 10.5 Thonrbirds - They fit perfect and gave the truck a nice wide stance.

pug

post #6 of (permalink) Old 01-04-2001, 10:56 AM

You have any picks of your 4dr sidekick with this setup? I'm looking at the same thing for my tracker. I don't want to go too big so that I have to change gearing.

Soloman
post #7 of (permalink) Old 01-04-2001, 11:12 AM
pugrocker

I bought my Sidekick new in 1994 - and back then - out here on Long Island it was probaly the only Sidekick ever sold on Long Island that was ever lifted. I know that I have pictures of it somewhere - I will have to dig them up. It was a pretty hot set-up - it needed a little more gearing though. I will look and see what I can find (pictures)........Only major complaint was that the Calmini setup was a little stiff - although it made the truck handle better on the street (did not really offer too much articulation - but now I see that they have a 3" 'Articulation 'setup), but I was happy with it never the less. If I would have known that there was going to be so much more aftermarket support as there has been - especially all the new goodies that Calmini is offering - I would have never sold it. But now I have my Samurais -

pug

post #8 of (permalink) Old 01-04-2001, 01:46 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Ya know. Years ago I saw a lifted Kick on the Island. Could that have been you?

As far as missing your Kick, you can always go back and keep the Sammys!

<font color=blue>Yankee Tim</font color=blue>[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
post #9 of (permalink) Old 01-04-2001, 01:55 PM
pugrocker

Tim:

If it was dark red, had the factory black wheel flares and the Suzuki roof rack (the one that is a few inches above the roof and mounts to the rain gutters - best looking rack IMHO for the kick), front bull bar with a Calmini 2" lift and Thornbirds - then it was mine...........man, I miss that thing.

pug

post #10 of (permalink) Old 01-04-2001, 08:19 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

KEwl thanks! It's a toss up right now i have been offered 3" body lift for $600 that'll give me 5.5" lift all up, so the i put anything under it. Just waiting on spousal approval for the expendature, and with the wedding coming up i think i have buckley's.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode