Which Sidekick/Tracker to buy ? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-03-2001, 07:02 PM Thread Starter

Which Sidekick/Tracker to buy ?

After a couple of years of Samurai ownership...I moved...sold my Sammy's and now I am ready to buy me a new
Ride. I am thinking about buying a Tracker or Sidekick ( are they exactly the same ? ) What would be the best
year to buy? When did they go from 8 valve to 16 valve ? I want a 4 wheel drive automatic. How does the auto hold up...off road I mean. Any other input on Trackers and Kick would be appreciated. Please....you sammy guys go easy on me. I AM NOT A TRADER LOL :-)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 01-03-2001, 07:27 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Which Sidekick/Tracker to buy ?

In 95 they switched to the 16v. although the 16v had 15 more hp, the 8v has a stronger head, and there are several performance cams available for it.

91 Suzuki Sidekick JX Softtop. K&N Filter, Aurora 8mm Plug Wires.
www.geocities.com/vtecsucks
post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-03-2001, 07:29 PM

Re: Which Sidekick/Tracker to buy ?

I would go with the 1994 and later version to get the 1600 FI. I plan to do a complete build up in the spring on just such a vehicle with an automatic transmission as well. You will need a heavy duty trans cooler added to take care of the heat load when crawling offroad. In the Tracker line, try for the LSI model as it was a more optioned vehicle. I spent three days in the passenger seat of a 1989 Sidekick on the Rubicon last September, complete with all the latest from Calmini including the new T-Case gear set. It led the entire trip, and was a very capable vehicle offroad, and we did not get stuck or have a single breakdown. We continue to add to our inventory of components for this vehicle, and will soon have our associated pages on the website.

TGT - NCO

www.northcoastoffroad.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode