Z-Link or Drop Pitman? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-29-2000, 01:50 PM Thread Starter

Z-Link or Drop Pitman?

Looking into doing a SPOA on my ‘86 sammy. Don't want a lot of lift just above the springs. Don't plan on running any tires bigger than 235/75's. Wondering about Bumpsteer with either a reworked drag link or dropped pitman arm?

Which way would be the best to go? Thanks.

Torque Wrenches? . . . We don't need no stinkin' Torque Wrenches ! ! ![img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-29-2000, 03:00 PM

Re: Z-Link or Drop Pitman?

We offer two choices, a 4" drop pitman arm @$78.00 or a Breeze Drop Drag link @$93.95. The Drop Drag Link is press fromed from 1" billet rod, and includes the new tie rod end, no core charge, and it is one piece not cut and welded. Either piece should work well for a Basic SPOA. Everyone who has used the Breeze Drop Drag Link has raved about how well it works. There is no flex in this unit as found in some other cut and welded units which use the small diameter stock drag link as the core. Of course there is always the ultimate, the Breeze Cross Over Steering system @$272.95.

TGT - NCO

www.northcoastoffroad.com
post #3 of (permalink) Old 12-29-2000, 09:18 PM
Keyboard Implanted

i used a breeze drop pitman arm and some one elses z-bar for a while.i then went to the breeze cross over steering system with the drop pitman arm and it is the answer.RR

THANK GOD FOR VETERANS AND SUZUKIS-BOTH KEEP YOU FREE. FOUNDER;INDIANA SUZUKI EMERGENCY RESPONSE TEAM
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 12-30-2000, 12:48 AM

I think SPOA for running 235's is overkill. If I were you i would just get a 1 or 2" body lift and if nessessary, some shackles, but shackles and the SPOA takes away that good handling and tight steering like a stock samurai has.. just a bit tho, youll get useto it. My friend is running 235's with 2" shackles but his springs are bad so its not high at all. NCoffroad, why do you say that your draglink willnever flex? You dont have any trusses welded in it do you? Ill try to get a pic of the bar i made, its beef!
Anton

87 Suzuki Samurai JX, Hybrid SPOA, expander shackles, removable doors, coustom bumpers, gator guard 2 interior, fast back top, rear locker, 31's, GM100A Alt, soon 33's. 740 RTI!
post #5 of (permalink) Old 12-30-2000, 06:59 AM

The Breeze Drop Drag Link is press formed from 1" diameter SOLID billet steel rod. A cut and weld drag link that uses the small diameter tube (it isn't solid rod) from the stock drag link has flex in the stock tube section. The Breeze does not require any gussets because there is no flex and no welds to worry about needing support. For some areas, the law states no cutting and welding of steering components. The Breeze would be legal to use under that requirement as well. Besides, it is a better value, the initial cost is less ($93.95 vs $115 - $120), no core charge ($25 - $35), and no shipping cost to return the core.

TGT - NCO

www.northcoastoffroad.com
post #6 of (permalink) Old 12-30-2000, 08:40 PM Thread Starter

Only seen one Z-Link and I think it was home made. Has anyone put the steering above the springs on a SPOA? Wouldn't this put them up out of harms way? I'd like to see some pic's if anyone has got them. Except the TOY with the 5 foot blocks. [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Torque Wrenches? . . . We don't need no stinkin' Torque Wrenches ! ! ![img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
post #7 of (permalink) Old 12-30-2000, 08:59 PM

Isnt it no cutting/welding/bending it? The Arm i made is made of steel hydaulic pipe, about 3/16" thick, the stock rod is pressed in up to the bends and then the trusses are put in place so thisway its beef allaround... Whatever that as long as it works :-)
Anton

87 Suzuki Samurai JX, Hybrid SPOA, expander shackles, removable doors, coustom bumpers, gator guard 2 interior, fast back top, rear locker, 31's, GM100A Alt, soon 33's. 740 RTI!
post #8 of (permalink) Old 12-31-2000, 09:14 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

we have a samurai with the breeze crossover , and one with the breeze, z bar. The zbar is a quality product and I am glad I made this choice , you can always add the pitman arm later as I am sure that those 235,s are gonna be too small before long.

were not here for a long time were here for a good time
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode