Lockrite to front - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-27-2000, 06:21 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Lockrite to front

Will my rear lockrite go in the front? It uses the original side gears. I'm thinking of locking the rear permanently and moving my lockrite to the front.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-27-2000, 09:57 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Lockrite to front

Yes. The locker is the same for front or rear on a Samurai.

http://www.rocky-road.com
post #3 of (permalink) Old 12-27-2000, 12:03 PM

hi,

i am not 100% sure, but i seem to remember that you can do this only for pre 88,5 and older versions...

for an 88,5 and later you need to swap something...

somebody can confirm this

alfred

'95 Stofttop, K&N, Snorkel, 4,5" SPOA, 31" BFG MT, 4,16gears, W5000 winch, skidplate, rear Rancho 9000 - other than that its bone-stock
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 12-27-2000, 12:21 PM
Keyboard Implanted

As Johnny Carson's sidekick would say, "You are correct."

90's on had 2 pin carriers. If you have the 2-pin style, you'll need a 4-pin from a earlier modle or a rear carrier, which also have 4-pin.

If you use a rear carrier, you'll need to swap in a set of front side gears to use it.

You can search yards for one. But if you haven't bought your locker, RRO (Glenn) runs a deal that if you buy a locker , you can buy a 4-pin carrier too. Food for thought.

<font color=blue>Yankee Tim</font color=blue>[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
post #5 of (permalink) Old 12-27-2000, 04:46 PM

But when you buy a lockrite for lets say an 87,everything you need is in the box,right?

post #6 of (permalink) Old 12-27-2000, 06:20 PM
Keyboard Implanted

everything but the beer

post #7 of (permalink) Old 12-28-2000, 12:16 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

so am I correct in saying that I can go and buy two lock rite's for my '85 narrow track sammy and it doesn't matter which end they go in? they are the same? Kewl.

I've seen someone over here in Australia advertising the rear at a higher price to the fronts.........

'85 SuziSkip
Slowly building a beast.
"If it's too hard or you're a pussy, give me a go at it"
post #8 of (permalink) Old 12-28-2000, 10:29 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

If they're advertising the rear at a higher price, they are probably pushing the locker that comes with rear sidegears. In our experience, 99 out of 100 times these are not necessary, and actually seem to be more problematic than standard lockers and stock sidegears.

Lockers are the same for front and rear though. Not sure what year they made the SJ410 up to in your area, but the SJ410 is actually a different locker than the standard Samurai/Sierra/SJ413. Just keep that in mind.

http://www.rocky-road.com
post #9 of (permalink) Old 01-01-2001, 10:37 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Glenn,

my ride is an SJ413. The funny thing with australia is HOLDEN (GMH) got hold of the sammy, rebadged it and called it a DROVER. Basically it's the same as a normal SJ410 Narrow Track but it has the 1.3 engine and 5spd box.

I only found out it was narrow track after doing the spidertrax disc brake conversion. leaving the driveway I heard the odd thump/chink sound. Turns out the bump stops were bashing on the bleeder valve.

solution = cut off the bump stops *LOL*.

also I have a problem can you help?
If I take of slowly and change gears slowly this problem is not there. However, if I take off in 1st fast I heard this clincking sound. I also hear it going into 2nd and 3rd if I'm driving it hard enough.

now for the weird bit.

If i'm in 1st gear and just cruising along slowly no sound, but as soon as I go over a speed bump, bump in the road or something that affects the driveline angles I hear the sound. The sound has been there for a while now and doesn't appear to be getting worse but it is happening more often.

could this be a bad uni joint? I have highway vibration also........
or could this problem be the final gear of the xfer case? in the diff somewhere?
thanks for the help guys.

'85 SuziSkip
Slowly building a beast.
"If it's too hard or you're a pussy, give me a go at it"
post #10 of (permalink) Old 01-01-2001, 11:04 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I know the Vit's got a brake balance controler on the diff which can make a noise now and then?? But this may not be on the Sierra/Sami it's on the driver (Oz) side on top of the diff LOL (currently up to mystery noise 991)

88 Vitara JLX, Koni's, King Coils 2.5" over, MT's, JayCar ign boost, Motivator Header, 2" sys, Mikuni 28/30.

Money = Power = Fun & angry spousal unit
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode