looking for the right sami... - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-26-2000, 04:47 PM
desertmoron

looking for the right sami...

i've been kicking around the idea of getting rid of my fj40 and getting a samuari. the cruiser is too uncomfortable for long trips, not to mention the gas it drinks. i'm thinking about getting a sami so i could easily tow it, and still be able to have all my camping chit. what i'd like to get is a sami project that someone either has to get rid of or just lost interest in. the ideal toy would be in decent shape - not all bashed up, and have a toyota drivetrain in it. i like the idea of the stronger and wider axles, and a little more HP to turn 33's. interior isn't a concern. please let me know if someone out there in zuki land has something similar to this for a reasonable price. BTW, i live just south of Denver. thanks
Barry
[email protected]

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-26-2000, 07:58 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: looking for the right sami...

I have a starter Car for you, No axles or springs, no engine, no top. Some assy required (not much) Needs a new hood. have a replacement fender for it.
Let me know if you interested, It's cheap. BTW I live north metro Denver and would tow it to you.
Andy

Ford guy with twin rockcrawling Samurai's [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 12-27-2000, 11:52 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I have a Samuria with the running gear you want but I think the tires are bigger than you want. Also i do not even live anywhere near Denver. I think it would be a long drive home from Houston. Good luck on finding one.

2000 Polaris 425 Xpedition 4" lift, 27" Vampires
1992 Samuria 16" lift, 39.5" Boggers, Toy axles
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 01-11-2001, 05:31 PM
desertmoron

i think 16" of lift on that bad boy would be a little unstable for my needs. do you have any pics handy? what motor and axle ratios are you running? how much do you want for it?

thanks
Barry

post #5 of (permalink) Old 01-11-2001, 09:54 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

desertmoron,

It is definitely not for rockcrawling or hillclimbing. To tall and to short of a wheelbase for me. It would work well with 35's on it. It will score over 900 on an RTI ramp. I built it to play in the mud and deep water. By the way it will float if the water gets deep enough.

If you want to see some pictures of it goto bncoffroad.com look in the car crush section and the hall of fame section. In the hall of fame section it will be in the whoops and offroad. There are two big Samurias on the website. The gray one is the first one that I built. The white one is the current one.

I still run the fuel injected Samuria motor. The only things done to the motor are a header and two inch exhaust. I run 5.29 gears with Detroit Lockers front and back. It had a rockcrawler transfer case in it. The gears decided they could not take any more abuse and decided to break and explode the transfer case. I am running a stock transfer case for now.

Since it no longer has the rockcrawler in it I am going to be asking $4500.

2000 Polaris 425 Xpedition 3" lift, 28" Outlaws
1992 Samuria 16" lift, 39.5" Boggers, Toy axles
post #6 of (permalink) Old 01-12-2001, 10:04 AM
pugrocker

check out the classified ads at http://www.izook.com/classified_ads.htm

you can probably find what you are looking for over there.....

pug

post #7 of (permalink) Old 01-12-2001, 03:31 PM
desertmoron

lotsa good stuff at that classified ad site, but not many complete vehicles. it'd be nice if they 'classified' the cars and parts seperatly.
thanks for the tip.

Barry

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode