steering wheel - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-20-2000, 05:16 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

steering wheel

I want to replace my flat stock wheel with something that will sit closer to me to allow for a more comfortable position.can anyone suggest a wheel from another truck that might work or a good after market wheel?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 12-20-2000, 10:12 AM

Re: steering wheel

I have a Grant steering wheel in my Samurai. It is smaller diameter than stock, has about 1.5"+ greater dish than stock (about 3.5" total) and so sits closer to me. That makes my arthritic shoulders feel better and lets my legs stretch a little. I have a second brand new in box Grant wheel with a black cushion rim and chrome web, about the same 1.5-2" dish (4" total dish) and the same diameter (14.75")as the stock wheel. I like it. If you have larger than stock tires, You probably don't want to go down in size on your steering wheel unless you have power steering. Grant makes a good product. My current Samurai is the 4th vehicle I have had a Grant steering wheel on. '57 Chevy, Toyota pickup and two Samurais. If you are interested in my spare Grant steering wheel, it is yours for $25 plus shipping. For $30 plus shipping, I will even throw in a steering wheel puller and an extra horn button so you have a choice of black or chrome. First come first serve, let me know.

-Farther
post #3 of (permalink) Old 12-20-2000, 08:44 PM

I also have a Grant GT Steering wheel and the cushioning is really great... My hands don't fatigue as much on longer rides.. It is available at NAPA with different offset's...
rodnee

Caught by the "ZOOKIE OBSESSION" bug. ZOOKIE ZOOKIE ZOOKIE ZOOK.......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 12-21-2000, 12:16 AM
Old Hand

THREE of my buddies and I also run Grant GT steering wheels, They have an awesome "Indy car" feel to them. I plan to put one in any car I ever own that does not have an airbag.

-Ryan Primel
'88 zuk, 1.6L, spoa, drop-links, grs1, 32's, Locked & Warned
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode