GRS II - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-28-2000, 02:44 AM Thread Starter

GRS II

[b]<font color=blue>I must plug Petroworks. I tried out their GRSII T-case over the holiday weekend. I would have to say that this was by far the best money I've ever spent on my suzuki.
<font color=red>[b]Thanks petroworks!-[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

<font color=blue>BIGBEARZUK Big Bear Ca.</font color=blue>
<font color=purple>[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]-87 suzuki Hard Top,
5.5 SPOA 2"springs
80 toy axles,GRSII
33" MTR's,Lockers
</font color=purple>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 11-28-2000, 10:52 AM
pugrocker

Re: GRS II

good

post #3 of (permalink) Old 11-29-2000, 12:57 AM Thread Starter

[b]<font color=blue>Good??..No dude, it's great!!!

<font color=purple>[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]-87 suzuki Hard Top,
5.5 SPOA 2"springs
80 toy axles,GRSII
33" MTR's,Lockers
</font color=purple>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 11-29-2000, 01:37 PM
zukiman

I have to agree with you. Although it's expensive, it was worth every dollar I spent on my GRS2. 3 years of abuse and it's still the strongest link in my drivetrain. In fact, over Thanksgiving I planned to only go 'wheeling in the snow, so since I had my belly pan skidplate off and I was in such a rush to leave for home anyway, I didn't bother to reinstall the skidplate. Well, I wound up going up Bronco's Canyon in Nevada with Bryan Dacus (see the attached pic) and wished I had that skidplate. After bashing the t-case on a bunch of rocks and actually chipping one of the little "nubs" on the outside of the housing that are there to help separate the halves of the case when pulling it apart, I decided to opt for a bypass for the last obstacle. Darn it! haha. But anyways, without the gearing that the GRS2 provides, I would have been screwed on that trail. Petroworks' GRS2 rules!

--Geoff Beasley

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 28-272104-broncoscanyon.jpg (67.3 KB, 5 views)
post #5 of (permalink) Old 11-29-2000, 06:14 PM
Skip

I have to echo Geoff. GrsII from Petroworks is down right GREAT. I've beat on mine for 3 years with no problems.

Skip
post #6 of (permalink) Old 11-29-2000, 11:05 PM
Old Hand

That is one heck of a dent in your front diff. I got a nasty one in the same place also. I met a guy at Zukimelt that everyone called "beanman" he sold diff covers really cheap does anyone know him? I need one bad. He told me he had a website, but i can't remember what it was. I've been following your build-up, that is a completely awesome rig Geoff

Low-riders are for little boys who can't get it up.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 11-30-2000, 02:22 AM Thread Starter

[b]<font color=blue>These guys sell the diff covers too!
[b]http://www.petroworks.com

5.5 SPOA 2"springs
80 toy axles,GRSII
33" MTR's,Lockers
</font color=purple>
post #8 of (permalink) Old 11-30-2000, 02:41 AM
zukiman

You're right, that is one heck of a big dent in my front diff. I'm sure the ring gear is rubbing against the diff housing. I used to have the Calmini axle truss skid plates, but every time I'd start having fun in the rocks, they'd get torn off. So I sold them right before Suzukis on the Rocks, and of course the rocks there did a number on both axles. Chris Minerich built me a new trussed, skidplated, disc converted rear axle (which you'll see in the December issue of ORC) that's basically impervious to rocks. Next will be a replacement front axle, which likewise will be insusceptible to rock damage.

--Geoff Beasley
Suzuki Tech Editor: http://www.Off-Road.com

post #9 of (permalink) Old 11-30-2000, 12:33 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Geoff, where did you get your roof basket?

post #10 of (permalink) Old 11-30-2000, 01:53 PM
zukiman

I have had that roof rack for 6 years. It's great! It's strong enough for us to take rides up there when we're feeling especially foolish. [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

It is a Con-Ferr 1-piece rack, 3.5 x 4.0 feet I believe, using their "Bulldog Shorty" drip rail clamps. It can hold the weight of 2 people with ease, or anything else I want to throw up there. But at high speeds or in off-camber situations, any significant amount of weight up there makes itself known. The adjustable Rancho shocks help control the body motions and increase the cargo carrying capacity.

Typically, if I have myself and a passenger for a long camping trip, I'll load the inside of the Samurai with all the heavy stuff such as coolers, tool boxes, spare parts, etc., and all the lightweight, bulky stuff such as the tent, sleeping bags, duffle bags, etc. go up in the rack. But on the road, I've carried spare tires, gas cans, lumber, a bed, and all sorts of stuff without a problem.

--Geoff Beasley

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode