Can't buy this Zuki, anyone else, now with PICS! - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-27-2000, 08:14 PM Thread Starter
I Do This For The Glory

Can\'t buy this Zuki, anyone else, now with PICS!

OK, so I know this isn't the For Sale BBS, but I thought I'd post it here anyway. The wife and I thought about it, but just can't come up with the money going into winter, especially with oil prices rising. It's an awesome rig, maybe someone here can get it, I don't have any pics, but he might be able to send some. Here are the stats:

Unknown year, but carb'd engine, burns some oil
GRS I
4.56 gears (not the cheesy ones, he blew them once already and upgraded)
Lockrights front and rear
Pumpkin caps
Transfer skid plate
Centerforce I clutch
Header with 2" exhaust
5.5" lift w/SR SUA
32x9.5" Swampers (or 32x11.5 street tires, he's keeping one set, you choose)
Full soft top, removeable center section (2 piece top)
New fastback top
Custom rock rails
Dual batteries
Front Bra
Electric Fan (in addition to stock one)
Rebuilt tranny
RS 5000 shocks
Interior gauges
Custom front and rear bumpers
A lot of spare parts (diffs, axles, doors, etc), from another rig, but no body or chassis.

The front and rear bumpers have a receiver hitch built into them for the REP 8000 winch to plug into. It's also hardwired F/R so the winch doesn't have a lot of cables running everywhere. The winch is $500 extra if you want it. He can use it on the Jeep he's building next.

He also has a tow bar available, he used to tow it behind his motor home.

It's been wheeled, no mistake about it, but he's selling it to get a jeep, seems the Zuki is a little too small for he and his family. He was asking $2,500, and I doubt he'll come down (don't blame him).

So I hope someone here can use it, sounds awesome. We'll most likely pick one up in the spring, it delays things awhile, but we'll be there for Zookin' 2K1. His name is Don, and his E-mail is [email protected], and he's a decent guy, straight shooter. He's located in Middleboro, MA.

JEEPN
Winter Harbor, Maine
'81 CJ-8 Scrambled!
It's a Jeep, Chevy, IHC kinda thing!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 11-27-2000, 09:05 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Re: Can\'t buy this Zuki, anyone else?

Email me off list, pleeeze![img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

<font color=blue>Yankee Tim</font color=blue>[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 11-27-2000, 09:08 PM

Tim if you cant get ahold of JEEPN I have dons number too.

Just one more of the elite Samurai![img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img] External cage on a hardtop, x8ki wrn winch, M/L's,pny crb,98amp alt,32's, lckd f/r, j**p eater
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 11-27-2000, 09:13 PM

JEEPN! what the heck?? uhhh Heidi and I are seeing about donating an egg or some sperm, we wanna get this rig real bad.... UHH everybody go home, nothing to see here, move along now. Look into this little red light all the answers are right here.... Dammit, I need to go to zuki anonomous or some help group, I feel like a part of me is being sold and I dont even own it. Well I hope tim buys it so i can see it. Tim if you do buy it ill meet you when you look at it, just to hook up. Later, Max

Just one more of the elite Samurai![img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img] External cage on a hardtop, x8ki wrn winch, M/L's,pny crb,98amp alt,32's, lckd f/r, j**p eater
post #5 of (permalink) Old 11-27-2000, 11:09 PM
Loweguy

Gosh...I hate to bust in as the 'newbie' and all (by the way, I FREAKING HATE being referred to as 'newbie')...but...

I have a fellow at work who would probably buy my Zuki tomorrow if I offered it to him. Are any of you guys really serious about this truck? I would of course want to see some pics...but might well buy his truck cheaper than I can build mine!

Let me know how this thing progresses. If you guys don't want it or can't come up with the $$$$...let me know and I will talk with him, too!

Thanks

Michael O

-01 Nissan Frontier XE King Cab
-00 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS
-88 Samurai, 2" Sky Manufacturing body lift, 31" Mud Kings on Summit chrome spokes
post #6 of (permalink) Old 11-28-2000, 08:20 AM Thread Starter
I Do This For The Glory

That was my assessment as well. Sucks missing out on it, but I hate financial suicide even more. <font color=blue>mxnhid</font color=blue> I'd be willing to get it, for say, your first born? Or maybe Orion (his dog)? No, wait a minute, when's Orion going in for surgery?

I'd like to add I'm not getting anything for this, nor do I even know the guy (have an E-mail from someone that's run with him all the time though). I'd just like to see someone here get a decent rig for a low price. If it goes through and it's as good as it's listed as, buy me a beer when we meet.

JEEPN
Winter Harbor, Maine
'81 CJ-8 Scrambled!
post #7 of (permalink) Old 11-28-2000, 02:06 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

...and whoever gets it can thank me! Mark- when i saw this in the local papers, i immediately thought of you- SPUA, and it sounds pretty good. Seller seemed like a very nice chap as well. I contacted max last week about this- it does seem like a good deal. If anyone is going to look at , lemme know as this is about 15 min from my work. And im not looking for anything either- just passing along what i see in the classifieds. Btw, also saw a ton of Toy parts, and 2 zook engines (1.3), and one stocker for 500. Tim- buy it !!

dbenj
88.5 zook, mini mudders, 2"shackles,Thorley Header,K&N,Pony Carb,GM Alt,custom ski bumper
post #8 of (permalink) Old 11-28-2000, 11:59 PM
Loweguy

I got a note from him today. I would agree that he seems like a good fellow. The problem I am faced with-and I know this will sound like a strange one...is that I know it would be CHEAPER to buy his truck and have one ready to hit the trails...BUT in my heart the FUN of my Sammy is building it. In other words, maybe it's the JOURNEY and not the destination. Hmmmmmmm. I have the money...so that's not really the issue, it's just that I am learning a lot as I build my truck. I didn't think I was this sentimental about my Zuki until I talked to the fellow at work today about buying it. He is interested, but I'm not sure WHAT to do. Hmmmmmm.
Did you say he ALSO has a stocker sitting there for $500??? I DO need a parts truck for a variety of little things-I would definately be in on that.

Take care all and Happy Holidays!

Michael O

-01 Nissan Frontier XE King Cab
-00 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS
-88 Samurai, 2" Sky Manufacturing body lift, 31" Mud Kings on Summit chrome spokes
post #9 of (permalink) Old 11-29-2000, 06:03 AM
Keyboard Implanted

Do both! I now have 3 zooks on the road.. the big one -wild weasel and a stocker that I put together for the wife
and a stocker that has a hardtop that I just bought for $250.00. (My justification is that way I can do more radical
suspension changes this winter. More downtime since I don't need it on monday....)

Glenn Loud
87' Zuke Spoa, 31's, 4.16 tcase, Camo,Header,2"exhuast, Cam.
Locked both ends, 8klb winch, Snorkel -Wildweasel2
NE4WI- club
post #10 of (permalink) Old 11-29-2000, 07:44 AM Thread Starter
I Do This For The Glory

So you bought it Glenn? How does it look?

I agree with Glenn, get this one and then work on the other. That way there's no down time during the buildup, and you can see what works/doesn't work on this rig.

JEEPN
Winter Harbor, Maine
'81 CJ-8 Scrambled!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode