Tires n Rims again ..... - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-27-2000, 05:23 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Tires n Rims again .....

Ok I know this subject has been beaten like a bad horse. But I have already done a SPOA. Now I am going to get the engine together and Put some rubber under it.....
Now this is what I am looking for, anyone have a pic of their rig with SPOA and 235's?
and does anyone have a set of steel rims with about 3" backspacing for sale?

I am trying to work on a budget for the time being so I would like to just do some 235MT's and a Z-link or something of that sort...later I'll do 31" Swampers, a GSR, and Crossover steering.

Input Please!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 11-27-2000, 11:18 PM
Loweguy

Re: Tires n Rims again .....

I don't have any pics of that setup, but I can make a suggestion for the wheels. I ordered my wheels from Summit Racing (thank you Glenn L for the suggestion). They offer USWHeel and I paid only $36 each for 15x7 chrome spokes. They are a 4" BS...but I have 31's on them and I don't think it's going to be a major issue. They have 15x7 white spokes for $26 each. They charge you NOTHING to ship them.

Hope this helps you.

Michael O

-01 Nissan Frontier XE King Cab
-00 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS
-88 Samurai, 2" Sky Manufacturing body lift, 31" Mud Kings on Summit chrome spokes
post #3 of (permalink) Old 11-28-2000, 12:37 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

We care properly back spaced rims in 3 varieties in a 15x8 rim for your needs. Give us a call.

Staff of Petroworks
1-800-952-8915
[email protected]
www.petroworks.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 11-28-2000, 10:01 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Thanks for the info, I will lookinto petroworks.

R

post #5 of (permalink) Old 11-28-2000, 11:01 AM

and just so you know, I got mine from summit off road as well for 26$ a pop which is pretty good, but i have seen the same rim right in new hampshire for four for 99$ which makes it a dollar cheaper and no tax. Still under 130$ for a full set of 5 rims is great. Glenn loud showed me as well.

Just one more of the elite Samurai![img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img] External cage on a hardtop, x8ki wrn winch, M/L's,pny crb,98amp alt,32's, lckd f/r, j**p eater
post #6 of (permalink) Old 11-28-2000, 04:33 PM

Summit racing has free shipping???? Do they ship to canada for free? This is good
Anton'

87 Suzuki Samurai JX, Hybrid SPOA, expander shackles, removable doors, coustom bumpers, gator guard 2 interior, fast back top, rear locker, 31's, clean interior.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 11-28-2000, 10:22 PM
Old Hand

rodohn2, I tried to post pics of a zuk with that setup but the bbs won't let me post it for some reason.

LOWEGUY, Could you please post a pic of your rig from a front or rear view, if possible. I need to get some offset rims and I just want to see how your zuk sits with that setup. Thanks

Low-riders are for little boys who can't get it up.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 11-28-2000, 10:55 PM

No Anton, continental US only. Look into some local tire dealers, if you can find a brand called Unique Wheel, you can get wagon wheels or five star steel in chrome or painted with 2.75" backspace. I run the 15x8 with 32x9.5 Swampers, and have no problems with tire to spring rub. As far as your steering goes, we stock the Breeze Drop Drag Link (Z-Link) which is a brand new one piece 1" diameter billet rod, press formed with a new tie rod end for $93.95, no core charge, no waiting, no flex, and no additional shipping charge to return a core.

TGT - NCO

www.northcoastoffroad.com
post #9 of (permalink) Old 11-29-2000, 09:12 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

We have only ever found pre manufactured wheels in backspacing down to 3.5" this is pretty standard. if you want to go less than 3.5", you will most likely have to go custom. There are company that do sell custom wheels and we carrya full line of them as well.
http://www.rocky-road.com/wheels.html

As for Summit Racing's "free shipping", nothing is free. We order from them regularly and their "handling" charges more than makes up for the "free shipping". We could call our shipping "free" too if we marked up "handling charges" to cover all of our shipping costs. Tricky...

http://www.rocky-road.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode