shocks - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-27-2000, 03:27 AM
JKing

shocks

just got some cheap shocks on to replace leaked shcoks and not it looks like its too short or is something wrong?

Whenever I go over a hump or deep uneven areas, it compresses fine but when it extends, I hear clunking sounds.

any idea? The dumb dealer tells me it fits but now I seem to have this clunking sound.

JKing
Suzuki Samurai (known as Jimny SJ413 in Asia)
K&N Air Filter, Shackle Lift, Larger Than Stock Tires, 1" Wheel Spacers, Driving & Spot Lamps, Tokico Shocks
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 11-27-2000, 08:10 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: shocks

I had this after i chaged my rear shocks, but it turned out to be the back door clanking, because the suspension was a bit more bouncy. You could try jacking up the chassis so that the spring and axle are fully extended, then undo the end of the shock and compare it's travel. Is your vehicle raised? if so then stock shocks would probably not be any use of course.

The streets are quiet like a sleeping army
post #3 of (permalink) Old 11-27-2000, 08:04 PM
JKing

Re: shocks

I have raised it a inch or so but that was when I was using the Gabriel Gas Ryder Shocks and they were fine. I understand that stock shocks have additional travel to cope with this slight lift but this time, I used another brand of shocks and this problem came.

I'll check my rear door. hopefully it's the cause...

Any idea how much a pair of USED RS9000 adjustable shocks with about 6000 miles on it are worth?

thanks.

JKing
Suzuki Samurai (known as Jimny SJ413 in Asia)
K&N Air Filter, Shackle Lift, Larger Than Stock Tires, 1" Wheel Spacers, Driving & Spot Lamps, Tokico Shocks
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode