ez locker pins? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-24-2000, 11:12 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

ez locker pins?

has anyone had problems breaking the ez locker pins? i have a buddy running 33 goodyear mt/r's on his sami and he keeps breaking them. he also has a tendancy to snap rear axle shafts too. i also run with another guy who has broken a pin and is only running 31's. i just wonder if this is a common problem or not.

brian wilson
80 cj5 "high 5"
stretched to 100" wb
efi351w/np435/d300/d44/d60/detroits/4.56/35tsl's/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 11-24-2000, 11:24 PM
psf4x4

Re: ez locker pins?

i run the e-z lockers w/ 33's tires and i haven't had a problem. best products ever made if you ask me. maybe i should come down there and show you boys how to drive.

chris "psf"
87 sami/5.5spoa w/1"shackle/grs1/4:57/ez-locked
33tsl's
post #3 of (permalink) Old 11-25-2000, 07:27 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

psf4x4,i don't see how you only going trail riding once can qualify you to answer this question. anyone else?

brian wilson
80 cj5 "high 5"
stretched to 100" wb
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 11-25-2000, 09:30 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

We've seen all sorts of problems with the EZ lockers over the years. This is why we don't sell then anymore. Other quality companies like Trail Tough refuse to sell them too.

If you are inside of their limited 1 year warranty, they should replace them.

Breaking axles has nothing to do with the make of locker though.

http://www.rocky-road.com
post #5 of (permalink) Old 11-26-2000, 05:44 AM
MRLoneWolfe

This is not an uncommon problem,any time your in serious 4wd conditions,you might just munch a pin due to torque,this happens with locked up vehicles commonly.notify the manufacturer and most of the time they will send you new pins.FREE look into it!

MRLoneWolfe AKA THROTTLE MONGER,1988Sami,5in Calmini,lockrites,TSL Thornbirds,YOR-bumpers and rockrails,
post #6 of (permalink) Old 11-26-2000, 10:44 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

they do get new pins free but when you break one about 1 out of 5 good offroad trips then it gets old.

brian wilson
80 cj5 "high 5"
stretched to 100" wb
post #7 of (permalink) Old 11-26-2000, 10:10 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I run ez lockers and have had no problems front or rear,but I don't break axles either.Don't get me wrong,I have a great time wheelin and do tough stuff in the northwest.We all know driving a rig to the point of breakage can be a gas.But you cannot site the locker as a problem part, especially with axle breakage.I'm sure Glen W. takes the associated broken parts into consideration when deciding not sell something anymore.Dealing with warranty hassles and unhappy people will turn off any retailer.But,there are a lot of people who will break things no matter how strong it is built.BTW aren't the stock pins the same dimension(yeah I know they say don't use them,but why?)Maybe their pins aren't as good as they think.

post #8 of (permalink) Old 11-27-2000, 08:32 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

the stock pins do fit but they are not as strong as the ones that come with the locker. they have tried them and they last no time at all. the guy with the 33's definatly has more of a problem with it than the others. all the other guys i run with run 31's and only a few other problems have occured but i have seen them brake with 31's and stock gears. the guy with the 33's used to snap alot of birfields until he got the bf rings. he will attest they they do help because he hasn't snapped on since he put them on.

brian wilson
80 cj5 "high 5"
stretched to 100" wb
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode