1.6 head on1.3 - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-23-2000, 10:02 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

1.6 head on1.3

this is probably a dumb question but is it possible to put a 1.6 head on a 1.3??? I hear its the big brother and a 1.3 intake will fit a 1.6 so????

famous last words "BET YOU CAN'T DO THIS"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 11-24-2000, 12:10 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: 1.6 head on1.3

i have a 1.3 with a 1.6 head. the head is shaved .020" and the block bored .040" .1300cc head gasket and 1.6 intake..and more stuff.
work very well!

post #3 of (permalink) Old 11-24-2000, 01:25 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

if it is a 1.6 8valve head, its a straight swap. the only thing you have to address is the fuel pump. With the 1.6 head, you will have to plumb in an electric fuel pump (usually about $20-25 at all auto parts stores) to make up for losing the mechanical pump in the 1.3 head.

http://www.rocky-road.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 11-24-2000, 02:06 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

so this will give you the bigger valves??? sounds good to me

famous last words "BET YOU CAN'T DO THIS"
post #5 of (permalink) Old 11-24-2000, 03:14 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

This would get you the larger valves. I wouldn't expect any power increase though. and I wouldn't do this swap with the sole intention of gaining extra power.

If your head on the way out though, it makes a good alternative.

If you're just looking for more power from your head, get a good porting job. Suzuki heads are full of squared off flow-blocking angles. If you're having head work done, I'd highly recommend this as a VERY worthwhile procedure.

post #6 of (permalink) Old 11-29-2000, 08:18 AM

Can anyone tell me the valve face width of the 1.3 and the 1.6 to see if there is enough of a difference to make the swap? I know it won't be a 200hp bolt on monster, but every little bit helps. Also, could the isky cam be used with it(the 1.6)?

FRANKENZUKI,10 foot tall and bullet proof!
post #7 of (permalink) Old 11-29-2000, 09:11 AM
pugrocker

Glenn-

Does porting the heads makes that much of a difference (I have a 1.6L 8 Valve in my Sammy)? How much does that usually cost? Will porting the heads affect fuel economy?

thanks,

pug

post #8 of (permalink) Old 11-29-2000, 09:15 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Porting the head does make a difference. I feel it is a very worthwhile modification.

Isky cams can be used in the 1.3 or 1.6 heads. It is interchageable. So long as it is not the 16valve head.

The diameter of the valves is not much at all. This is why I was saying, don't do the swap if a power increase is all you are looking for but your current head is working fine. The difference in intake valve sizes can be measured in thousandths. The exhaust valves for the 1.6 head are about 1/8" larger. Not much, but a little.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode