Sloppy Steering Question? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-22-2000, 10:13 AM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

Sloppy Steering Question?

My Zuk has some sloppy steering and it is getting bad! What can I do to fix the problem? I run SPOA with 2" longer then stock shackles, and a "Z" bar, also have a Rancho steering stablizer. The rubber fitting where the "Z" Bar is are bad (right at the pitman arm & steering knuckle), not as tight as they use to be, I can move the Z bar with no problem, it is really easy to move! My friends Zuk has the same Z bar on it and his is hard to move, it stays in the same place if you move it. That could be the only problem I can think of. Any help would be great! Thanks

Brian [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
http://www.geocities.com/brianconrad1/

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 11-22-2000, 10:44 AM
pugrocker

Re: Sloppy Steering Question?

All I can say is that I had a Z-Bar with 1" lift shackles and my steering was sloppy also. I have a total of 4" of lift and added the Calmini Linkage steering and now my steering is tighter(I also have P/S). The only drawback is that the idler arm from the Calmini Steering hangs down kind-of low (a bit below the springs - I am SpUA). Anyway you look at it - a lift will throw off your steering especially if you add longer shackles. You can also consider using the steel caster shims that RRO sells to help tighten things up a little.

Another thing - In my own opinion I think that the add-on steering stabilizer does not really do much to help with steering problems.......all that it does is hide shimmy and shake from unbalanced wheels or a screwed front end. The stock stabilizer serves a little more of a rwal function.

pug

post #3 of (permalink) Old 11-22-2000, 02:10 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

Re: Sloppy Steering Question?

Hey thanks Pug, I'll have to look into the RRO thing! I also kinda knew about the stabilizer, I just had to get one because I can't find anyone around here to balance my 36" TSL's and the stabilizer does its job, so to speek. Thanks for your help!

Brian [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
http://www.geocities.com/brianconrad1/

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode