The worlds shortest Samurai on 31s - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-21-2000, 09:43 AM
Loweguy

The worlds shortest Samurai on 31s

Okay, I thought that would get your attention. Anyway, as some of you know last night I was trying to get some info so I could put on my 2" body lift. After all that research, I found that the front 2 body mounts have SQUARE nuts on them, not the typical kind. None of my sockets will get close to fitting, and they are surrounded by a tower so I can't get my vice grips in there.

Any suggestion on how to get them out (can I turn it from the top and just hold them on the bottom?).

On a side (but funny) note, I am certain that my Zuki is the worlds shortist with 31's on it. Why? Because I have no lift at all but the 31's are ON!

I put a front on to use it as a guide for bending back the pinch welds and cutting on the front bumper and brace. After a judicious amount of cutting/grinding/cursing, I now have it where I can street drive the little fellow all day long with 0 interference.
Thanks as always!

Michael O

-01 Nissan Frontier XE King Cab
-00 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS
-88 Samurai, 2" Sky Manufacturing body lift, 31" Mud Kings on Summit chrome spokes
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 11-21-2000, 11:22 AM
Keyboard Implanted

Re: The worlds shortest Samurai on 31s

turn them from the top. the bottom's are welded to the mount. They will most likly snap off. then grab them from under with vicegrips and twist them off and use new bolts.

Glenn Loud
87' Zuke Spoa, 31's, 4.16 tcase, Camo,Header,2"exhuast, Cam.
Locked both ends, 8klb winch, Snorkel -Wildweasel2
NE4WI- club
post #3 of (permalink) Old 11-21-2000, 11:25 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I could be mistaken, but I think a star-point socket with work with square bolts. Usually socket sets throw a couple of these star-points in with the regular ones.

http://www.rocky-road.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 11-21-2000, 11:33 AM
Loweguy

Thanks guys...as usual, I got to thinking about them after I got up this morning (does 11am count as morning?) after working on the Zuki until nearly 4am. I figured this would be one more post displaying my ignorance...at least I'm keeping my reputation up-LOL.

I think I'm going to wait until Thanksgiving day for the body lift install. To be truthful, I am thinking about cutting the blocks down and going more like 1" or 1.5". As I am already clearing the 31's right now(just on flat street, I have no doubt that any 4wheeling will put those tires in serious danger), that much plus a mild suspension lift should make the truck workable off road. Thanks again for all the help-my wife summed it up best last night-this IS the most fun project vehicle (out of the 20+ I've owned) we've ever had.

Michael O

-01 Nissan Frontier XE King Cab
-00 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS
-88 Samurai, 2" Sky Manufacturing body lift, 31" Mud Kings on Summit chrome spokes
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode