Gas Tank Skid Plate - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-21-2000, 08:37 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Gas Tank Skid Plate

Tried on topica, figured i'd give a shot here....
Anyone know of vendors selling a beefed up gas tank skid plate? After pulling my tank over the weekend, i noticed the skid plate was rusted on 2 of the mounting points. That Spidertrax skid plate would be cool...
Also- whats the part number for the fuel filter? Looked kinda black, so might as well replace it while i have the chance.
TIA-

dbenj
88.5 zook, mini mudders, 2"shackles,Thorley Header,K&N,Pony Carb,GM Alt,custom ski bumper
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 11-21-2000, 08:41 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Gas Tank Skid Plate

Currently, none of us vendors has a tank skidplate. We're working on one and I believe NCO is working on one, but nothing is out yet :^(

http://www.rocky-road.com
post #3 of (permalink) Old 11-21-2000, 08:53 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

thanks for the update glenn. get moving on the designs!! Seriously, would be glad to test any "prototypes" you might have...as mine is completely rusted out.

dbenj
88.5 zook, mini mudders, 2"shackles,Thorley Header,K&N,Pony Carb,GM Alt,custom ski bumper
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 11-21-2000, 11:34 AM
Keyboard Implanted

Dean, I got a new one from the dealer for about $95 (not a bad price for a dealer part!).When they are new and not rusted out, they are actually pretty strong.

post #5 of (permalink) Old 11-21-2000, 11:44 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Randy-
thanks for the tip. They do look beefy. Probably the way i will go (thru dealer), because i cant put the old one back on. The skid plate frame "tube is in 2 pieces due to the rust.
Just have to get the tank repaired this week. On both tanks( Max donated a "spare" tank), the same "nozzle" was completely rusted out. Im not sure if its the return or the vapor or what, but both tanks had the exact problem. It was the smaller diameter nozzle that was @4" long. Snapped right off when i tried to remove the hose. Anyone know what the charge is to replace said nozzle?

dbenj
post #6 of (permalink) Old 11-21-2000, 12:03 PM
pugrocker

Suzuki John has skidplates for the gas tank - http://suzukijohn.hypermart.net/parts.htm

He quoted me $48.00 with shipping to NY.

post #7 of (permalink) Old 11-21-2000, 12:36 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Thanks Pug- sounds like a good deal. Anyone ever dealt with suzukijohn? Im always a bit hesitant when it comes to sending cash blindly.

dbenj
post #8 of (permalink) Old 11-21-2000, 01:08 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Why not build your own. The design isn't that difficult to mimic and you could use the thickness and quality of metal you like. Of course it would be nice to find someone with a welder. Couldn't you rent one fairly cheap?
Just a thought!

Good Luck

post #9 of (permalink) Old 11-21-2000, 02:47 PM
pugrocker

I have bought a bunch of items from Suzuki John (John Wood), he is a nice guy and has great pricing on new and used OEM parts. He ships right away and has been a pleasure to deal with.

I was weary about dealing with him at first becuase I never heard of anyone dealing with him, but he has been honest and priced really well.

pug

post #10 of (permalink) Old 11-21-2000, 04:12 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

No problems with suzuki John, ships in a timely manner, Lance

87 Sami conv. Header 2" ex. 4-16 t-case, 4"lift,weber, rear lockrite,rancho's, and a very long wish list.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode