Beadlocked Wheels - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-20-2000, 01:43 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Beadlocked Wheels

I am looking for a set of wheels for my zook to let me run 33x14 Boggers. I live in Australia and just wanted to check to see if a set of 15x10 American Racing Wheels with Jeep CJ7 offset will do the job. As we don't have many CJ7's in Australia I can't have a look at a set to see and the place I can get them from will have to import them for me as a pecial order so I can't just rock up and try them. I thought you guys in the states would know the facts.

Thanks
Todd

You have to learn to walk before you can crawl
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 11-20-2000, 02:27 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Beadlocked Wheels

Come on guys someone out there must know?

post #3 of (permalink) Old 11-20-2000, 03:31 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Well whats the offset in inches or MM? commen ansewer would be look for 2 3/4" backspacing. I have a set of 15-8" rims that are 3 3/4 and work okay with 31X10.50's.

Glenn Loud
87' Zuke Spoa, 31's, 4.16 tcase, Camo,Header,2"exhuast, Cam.
Locked both ends, 8klb winch, Snorkel -Wildweasel2
NE4WI- club
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 11-20-2000, 05:40 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

CJs came with a 3.5" backspace. Aftermarket wheels are anyone's best guess as to what someone added later on.

http://www.rocky-road.com
post #5 of (permalink) Old 11-20-2000, 09:47 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I recieved the following information from the importer today. Is it true that a 15x10 rim with 2" backspacing would be no good. Do you think these 15x10 Beadlocked American Race Wheels with 3 3/4" backspcing will be ok. I will be running 33x14 Boggers

Importers Reply
no one is going to make a 2" back spaced 10" wheel. these CJ wheels are 3 3/4" backspace. yours specs could be acchieved with a rim center refit (probably)for say around $120+ a wheel plus repainting.

you will end up snapping front spindles and have bearing dramas with 2" backspacing on a 10" wheel plus camber steering trouble.

the hub needs to be close to the center of the wheel to distribute the weight corretly.

there will be a set here in a few weeks time and they will be a little more than i quoted (only just) at $380+ a peice.

post #6 of (permalink) Old 11-20-2000, 10:56 PM
zukiman

I currently have a set of 33x12.50 tires on 15x8 with 2 3/4 inch backspacing, and the front tires' shoulder lugs rub the springs when turned all the way. I should have gotten 2 1/2 inch backspacing.

The new 33x14.50 Super Swamper SSRs I have will be on 15x10 wheels from Rocky Road Outfitters with 2 inch backspacing to keep the lugs off the springs. Don't worry about the steering being much more difficult with the tires moved out further. I still don't have power steering, and I don't need it. Stress on the bearings is greater, but hasn't been enough of a change for me to notice.

Rocky Road Outfitters, Wheeler's Off-Road, Willamette Wheels, and Stockton Wheel all offer custom backspaced wheels in various sizes, and I'm sure they could get them to you at a reasonable cost. Good luck!

--Geoff Beasley
Suzuki Tech Editor: http://www.Off-Road.com

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode