Rules of Engagement...... - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-19-2000, 10:08 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

Rules of Engagement......

Just a couple of things we might want to keep in mind in the aftermath of the Ruitas/Glenn misunderstanding......

As I said before... Speak softly and sweetly as you never know when you might have to eat your words.

If you do have a misunderstanding with a vendor or for that matter, anyone else, it is best to go directly to the other party instead of posting here. Posting here tends to polarize the zook community into the various vendor supporters and nonsupporters. United we stand, divided we fall.

This is a place to share experiences and knowledge. This is a very good thing. However, there are ways to share with the collective other than bashing. Think in the positive rather than the negative. If you are unhappy about a specific situation, speak sweetly. It will get you lots farther than being reactionary. You catch more flies with honey than you do with vinegar (actually, a dead goat wins hands down).

As for the vendors... Did you think you were going to escape my sights? Speak highly of your products but do not speak ill of other's products. Let others see that you are honorable by how you conduct yourself. You will reap the benefits.

For the collective....

Aim low in life, and you'll hit it with amazing accuracy. Just something to think about.......

Be thankful that this exists and how much we all benefit from it.

Respect others. Don't stereotype.

Play nice....

And above all.....Flush

***** For the record, please note that I'm in no way making any indictements. This is merely a casual reminder and hopefully we can avoid any unpleasant situations in the future......

The subject line is misleading. It should read "Suggestions for Engagement"....

Please accept my apologies if I have offended anyone by my manifesto. This most certainly was not my intent......

All Good Medicine,
Crow

Creator, everything we do leaves a track. May our tracks be ones we would want you to see and others to follow......

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 11-19-2000, 10:44 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Rules of Engagement......

I Have stayed out of the whole fiasco on hand, and want nothing to do with it I will keep my own thoughts on all Vendors including RRO.

I can not agree more with what CrowHorse has said, Most in the line "United we stand, Divided we fall "

Well said Crow
Rockcrawler

Ford guy with twin rockcrawling Samurai's [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 11-20-2000, 01:40 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

here here crow ,we've all had good and bad experiences with vendors but the more competition the better the prices and service. Every company has problems especially new companies and remember if they are dealing with samurai owners they are dealing with the foremost in fourwheelings discriminating uppercrust.

were not here for a long time were here for a good time
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 11-20-2000, 01:52 PM
SRN

Good comments! Wonderfully put!

SRN
'86 Samurai "Simple Sami MK2"
http://home.off-road.com/~zukinet
post #5 of (permalink) Old 11-20-2000, 04:56 PM
Keyboard Implanted

CrowHorse,you have spoken with good wisdom.now hows the sami coming?RR

THANK GOD FOR VETERANS AND SUZUKIS-BOTH KEEP YOU FREE. FOUNDER;INDIANA SUZUKI EMERGENCY RESPONSE TEAM
post #6 of (permalink) Old 11-20-2000, 05:48 PM

... i guess WE have taken the whole rui/RRo thing very good...

opinions and experiences were exchanged...
things were critizised, but in a reasonable fashion
there was even an apology...

excellent stuff (if you think back a year and a half)...

in general my impression was that the whole issue was treated rather maturely

bye
alfred

post #7 of (permalink) Old 11-20-2000, 06:33 PM

I grew up in East Moriches L.I. and it amazes me that you have such a peaceful and harmonious attitude about everything. I look forward to your posts due to there philosophical messages. I'm glad you don't have the same cynical attitude that most Islanders have, kudo's. By the way, thank you for the post on the 5mph vibration, I know where my problem is now(since I just did a swap that contained that component).

FRANKENZUKI,10 foot tall and bullet proof!
post #8 of (permalink) Old 11-20-2000, 07:57 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

Thank you Shawn for your kind words......

The Island has become more congested and hectic. Bedlam is sometimes the rule not the exception. Amidst the madness, it can be a real test to stay focused, centered and balanced. I liken it to working out where the effort pays off in the long run. I (hopefully) become stronger, more centered and wiser. The lessons are always there. We just have to learn how to pay attention to them. Change is inevitable. Growth is optional.
I feel a strong responsibility in passing along the lessons I've learned to help others along their journey. It might sound corny, but this is my way. This is my Vision.
You're welcome for the info and I'm glad I could be of some help.

All Good Medicine,
Crow

Creator, everything we do leaves a track. May our tracks be ones we would want you to see and others to follow......

post #9 of (permalink) Old 11-20-2000, 08:01 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

Alfred, I agree with you. It was handled rather well. However, I'm a firm believer in crisis prevention rather than crisis management. This list/BBS is too valuable to allow it to go flush swirl. I might be over reacting, but better to err' on the safe side.

All Good Medicine,
Crow

post #10 of (permalink) Old 11-20-2000, 08:07 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

Watchful Spirit,
I also thank you for your kind words. They mean a great deal to me.
I've resolved the vibration problem and I believe I have resolved (at least identified) my brake problem. The master cylinder is bad and I will replace it. I am confident this is the thorn in my side that has been plaguing me. I didn't discover this alone and won't take credit for the discoveries. I had help, but not the kind most would think of. I know you know of what I speak.

All Good Medicine,
Crow

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode