Zuk's win again - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-19-2000, 08:16 PM Thread Starter

Zuk\'s win again

I went out to Haspen acres on Saturday and was wheeling around with a couple of jeeps (TJ's), and one of them got stuck in a hole and his buddy tried to pull him out and broke a strap. While they were trying to decide what to do, a couple of sammys cam up the hill and one of them offered to give him a hand and proceeded to hook up a strap and he gave a couple of tugs and freed the stuck jeep. Now the jeep was in water over his axles and the wildest thing was the way the zuk was setup, SPOA, stock tires and wheels, and homemade tire chains, it blew my mind, this little truck yanked him out like it was nothing. Just another notch in the belt for the zuks. I'll try to get one of the pics posted of the scene.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]David G.

'91 S15 Jimmy 5.7L 4X4
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 11-20-2000, 06:19 AM

Re: Zuk\'s win again

Ah.. It is always good to put those j**ps in there place, At the bottom of the Off Road Food chain! Where is Haspen Acres?

-How many injuries or mishaps have happend after saying to you friends, "Hey, Watch this!!"
post #3 of (permalink) Old 11-20-2000, 01:18 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

i have done that many times!! with j*#ps twice the size of my zuk.its always fun to be under estimated.(at least up here in ny)I will try to get some pics to, most of mine are on video,hehehe

build it, break it, then build it better.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 11-20-2000, 02:29 PM
Keyboard Implanted

When i have to pull out a j**p its even better. Since one sticker on the tailgate says "Please, this is not a jeep" and the other sticker right above it says JEEP with the no smoking insignia over it.

All in fun
Will

post #5 of (permalink) Old 11-20-2000, 09:40 PM
I Do This For The Glory

Hmmmm, tire chains huh? Not like they didn't help. Now I like Zuki's, and I have even towed a full sized GMC out of a mud hole then driven through it in my stock 4 door Sidekick with only 215 AT's on it, but I'd have to say the tire chains probably did more than any thing else in pulling it out. In fact, if the TJ had chains, I'd bet it probably wouldn't have been stuck, but I wasn't there, so I don't know for sure. Let's not hype things up too badly.

<font color=blue>Ah.. It is always good to put those j**ps in there place, At the bottom of the Off Road Food chain!

i have done that many times!! with j*#ps twice the size of my zuk.its always fun to be under estimated

When i have to pull out a j**p its even better. </font color=blue>

Boy, I'm glad I don't have a j**p, sounds like they suck. I drive a jeep, which is obviously better.

Anyone out there have a little jeep envy? It's good to be comparing your Zuki's to Jeeps, which have been the standard since the beginning of the 4WD era. BTW, when I get stuck, ain't no Zuki pulling it out (oh yeah, it weighs over 4,000 lbs), epsecially if I'm running my chained Swampers in the mud, when they churn, Chinese food comes up with them.

I never underestimate a vehicle, nor a driver, which is 80% of wheeling anyway. I'm not proud and often get pulled out, by whomever or whatever is out there, and I have fun at the same time, but I never degrade the stuck vehicles (or generalize them), it's petty.

JEEPN
Winter Harbor, Maine
'81 CJ-8 Scrambled!
It's a Jeep, Chevy, IHC kinda thing!
post #6 of (permalink) Old 11-20-2000, 09:53 PM

Mark! (JEEPN) are you ever gonna get off the net, im trying to call you! Got your message, didnt get your e-mail though. What is it? About your post, you must be tired and forgetting all the ribbing I get from you about how tiny zuks are. Its all that hype and degridation that we zuki owners endure since they came off the production line from your jeep owners. I know you like zuks and your just funning, but dont try and stop us from fluffing our feathers when we do the great deed of pulling jeeps out. I keep telling you Im gonna have my day with your jeep, and unfortunately I know it wont be easy because you are one of the best drivers ive seen. I dont care if your diggin up chinese graves, ill be there to pull your ass out and ill do it with a smile as you take my picture[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img] now get off the darn internet! Max

Just one more of the elite Samurai![img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img] External cage on a hardtop, x8ki wrn winch, M/L's,pny crb,98amp alt,32's, lckd f/r, j**p eater
post #7 of (permalink) Old 11-20-2000, 10:03 PM
I Do This For The Glory

Shoulder is seriously screwed up, a lot worse now (don't ask). As far as I'm concerned, Zuki's and jeeps are on the same level, built and stock. They're both REALLY capable, vehicles. Oh, and I NEVER said they were "Tiny", I said they were "Cute". [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img] I think I have an answer to your vibration/death ride problem.

JEEPN
Winter Harbor, Maine
'81 CJ-8 Scrambled!
It's a Jeep, Chevy, IHC kinda thing!
post #8 of (permalink) Old 11-21-2000, 05:34 AM
Can't Get Enough

Haspen Acres are in Eastern Indiana.
To everyone else: "Come on now, don't say it like it's a bad word... JEEPS... see, it's ok."

Scott Trester
1988.5 Suzuki Samurai
http://RockPile4x4.tripod.com/Scott.html
post #9 of (permalink) Old 11-21-2000, 10:16 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Nooooooo I can't do it! It's not OK! I've had 1..2...3..4..5....oah too many of those things....Zuki zuki zuki zuki zuki zuki zuki zuki zuki zuki!

Ahhh I feel much better....Just so you know....I am building my suzuki just to show up by buddies 99 TJ. I plan on spending 1500 inc vehicle and I'm hoping to show him how it's realy done....(he has well over $28,000 in his!:{

post #10 of (permalink) Old 11-21-2000, 11:46 AM
Loweguy

Just to level the playing field...

I too am a diehard Jeep guy. I had a Cherokee that really worked well offroad with only a 3" lift and 31's. That truck was very capable.

In terms of TJs, I also would add that a TJ with a mild lift (say 4" or so), a rear locker and a set of 35's is about as capable as they come. Don't underestimate them...they flex like crazy. True, they cost more...but they also offer some room and refinement that a Zuki isn't ever going to have.

Why, you ask, did I get a Zuki then? Because I also think they offer a great VALUE in an off-road truck. They are nearly indestructible, cheap, and it's fun to drive the underdog sometimes. When I bought my new Frontier, my runner-up was a new TJ. I just couldn't see dropping $22k on a new TJ and then immediately starting to tear it up.

Can't we all just get along???? LOL

Michael O

-01 Nissan Frontier XE King Cab
-00 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS
-88 Samurai, 2" Sky Manufacturing body lift, 31" Mud Kings on Summit chrome spokes
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 28-266636-sami31s.jpg (6.1 KB, 0 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode