The Rui Freitas Post - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-15-2000, 11:36 PM
SRN

The Rui Freitas Post

Ok, this whole Rui Freitas vs. Rocky Road thing is getting out of hand. And because I just got back from a concert and Im wired, I thought I might lend my opinion. If you dont care what an 18 year old high school senior has to say, dont read any further.
This is how I see it, there was a misunderstanding (thats obvious) somewhere among this trail of e-mails, someone got confused. This is bound to happen. E-mails should never be used in replacement for actually talking with the person. I understand that if you live out side of the country that this could be a problem. But you should still try.
The misunderstanding is not what the problem is, the problem is that this post has turned into a battleground. Its divided the board into three camps, the ones who like Rocky Road, the ones who hate it, and the ones who are impartial. Yes, from reading my previous post you can probably tell that I fall into the Pro Rocky Road camp. But thats not what matters. What matters is this, yes, you should have your opinions. Yes, you should voice your opinions. BUT you should not bash a company! Like any company, Rocky Road tries its hardest to please its costomers, just like any company. And yes, sometimes they fail.
And my final comment is this, Rui Freitas showed very poor form by dragging his and Glanns personal problem out into the public. He should not have done that, its between him and Glenn, it has nothing to do with the rest of us. This will cause more problems than its worth, not just for Glenn and Rui, but for all of us.

SRN
'86 Samurai "Simple Sami MK2"
http://home.off-road.com/~zukinet
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 11-15-2000, 11:47 PM
Can't Get Enough

Re: The Rui Freitas Post

I second that!

Tim Martin
87' Samurai, 5.5" SPOA, 31's, 1" shackle lift, Hi-lift jack, everything else bone stock.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 11-15-2000, 11:55 PM
Addict

I third that. Motion passed. No more vendor bashing...

Lonny - Redmond, WA
87' Stomper, SOA, Missing Links, Z-bar Eliminator, 5.125RP, 4.16TC, lockers, bead locks and 33" Boggers
www.mystomper.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 11-16-2000, 12:02 AM
Old Hand

Unless Algore wants a re-count!

DaveAZ

Asian Auto Parts
http://www.asianautopartsofaz.com

"We make your Suzuki ZIP for less"
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."
post #5 of (permalink) Old 11-16-2000, 02:00 AM

<font color=red>I would fourth that, if Glenn would quit yanking people!!</font color=red>[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]
<font color=blue>Glenn puts himself out here..Glen advertises (modestly) here...
If the poor guy out there on pluto is having a "lack of good faith" problem with Glenn, and that's definately the situation, then it all falls on you know who.. If the situation would have been handled in a timely manner..And the guy had got taken care of, then you wouldn't be reading this post, would you?
If any of you had to wait four months for a mail order product from another company, then we'd all be sitting here picking our cracks talking about it.
I appreciate Glenns input, I dig his site, I drool over his products...
I would also want to know if my customers weren't -[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif[/img]-happy..
I'd fix it!
</font color=blue>

<font color=blue>BIGBEARZUK Big Bear Ca.</font color=blue>
<font color=purple>[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]-87 suzuki Hard Top,
5.5 SPOA 2"springs
81 toy axles,4:16's
33" MTR's,Lockers
</font color=purple>
post #6 of (permalink) Old 11-16-2000, 07:15 AM
Keyboard Implanted

In many ways I can't disagree with you more. As many have noticed on this board, including myself, Glenn is one of the biggest vendor bashers there is. Period.

Plain and simple, if Glenn doesn't sell it, 9 outta 10 times he'll talk smack about it. Look at his comments about the shackle reversal or the 1-piece gears and most lately the BDS 4" springs. One guy tells him they are stiff and Glenn says it a "fact" that they took the dubious honor of being the stiffest spring on the market. And he know this for a "fact" because he bought all the different springs on the market and had them tested by an independant lab? No, just another fine example of Glenn's fear mongering.

One time while on the phone with me, he refered to Calmini as the "Evil Empire". This is about a company who has brought many, many innovative products to us and has been a major contributor to the Suzuki aftermarket for over a decade. Heck, I remember when they where the only ones seemingly to carry the Suzuki flag and did so proudly.

I for one have had nothing, and I mean nothing, but very good luck and great dealings with Calmini. Hell, I've always be able to speak with someone there. Steve Kramer, the owner, has even called me (even on my cell phone0 on different occasions just to shoot the breeze, most recently wishing me luck in my war not to have Hillary Clit-on win my state's election (I lost). Try and try to get ahold of Glenn that easy. If it was that easy for Rui to contact him via phone, maybe this would have never had happened.

Back to the #1 vendor basher, he has been told over and over by many folks on this BBS that endorsement and self-promotion are good, but not when it's done by attacking others businesses. Look at DaveAZ and NCO, both are fine examples of doing business by talking up, not down.

And in response to your comment that this should have never been brought to the board, are you on drugs? (Well, you are 18). If Calmini or Petroworks screwed you over for a half a year by not sending you you stuff and then screwed up the order when you got it, you wouldn't want other people to know your experience? Following you line of reasoning, if you Doctor screws up and removes your wrong kidney, don't tell other patients, that's to be kept between you and the Doc.

Fact is this is a people's BBS and if a person has a bad experience with a vendor, I'm glad to hear it. Makes me a better consumer. If many people start making the same complaints their must be some common denominator. Like BigBear said, "where there's smoke, there's fire."

Enuff said.

<font color=blue>Yankee Tim</font color=blue>[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
post #7 of (permalink) Old 11-16-2000, 08:47 AM
pugrocker

I ignored this entire situation and ridiculous scenario from the start because I knew that it was going to be an integrity bashing from all sides. In my own opinion, I feel that it is VERY important that people use this BBS to share experiences, whether it is experiences purchasing through a vendor or just rapping about a trail ride they just took at the local hot-spot.

Bottom line is that this BBS is a perfect forum for open discussions about these experiences. Say what you like, say what you don’t like……It is call freedom of speech. If you do not feel comfortable about purchasing a product or purchasing through a particular vendor because of this BBS – PERFECT – that is what I think this BBS was made for.

If you do not like a vendors tactics or products, no one is holding a gun to your head forcing you to purchase for them. Act like an adult and realize that based on the other peoples previous experiences (i.e. the feedback on this BBS), that you will have an idea what you are getting into. You would have never been able to make any of these presumptions without having read any feedback about it.

So if a vendor has a reputation for “this” or for “that” it is usually a pretty accurate assumption that if you make the purchase through such said vendor then you will probably have similar experiences.

Basically what I am rambling about is – This BBS is a perfect place to discuss experiences, good or bad. Each vendor has its good points and bad points, good products and bad products, good customer service, bad customer and so on…….I have purchased through all of the major vendors and everytime I order something, I know what to expect………

Let the buyer beware, it is your choice.

post #8 of (permalink) Old 11-16-2000, 09:18 AM

Stephen, Well spoken for any age. I must say that it was not poor choice for Rui to post to the board at all. Think about it from his shoes, He is in a country far away with no one to talk too about his experience with RR, meanwhile he feels that he's getting the shaft and I would say justifiably so. The guy needed a reality check and came here for it. He was asking "Is this really fair? Does this happen to you in america? Am I getting screwed guys?" Thats how I read into it. I know that I have had some real sour experiences with vendors and people from this board, and when I do I put it to the board to see if my view on things is square or my emotions have taken me to the fourth dimension. I value the ability to recieve information from people I would generally never be able to talk to, and do it every week because of the internet. It doesnt seem like a bashing tool for vendors to me, it seems like a well monitored discussion on one mans experience with peoples experiences behind there opinions. I think everyone here knows that we dont have to agree with each other, and no one is forcing an opinion on anyone. We all agree to disagree without malice or angst towards anyone. The frustration you see is from people getting burnt and venting their upset here on the board. They have a right to say that their upset, and to say "look out" this is what happened to me.
This BBS is a fantastic tool for all of us in many facets of life. This is the beauty of all of us contributing to it. Hope your concert was a blast. My Regards to you stephen, Max

Just one more of the elite Samurai![img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img] External cage on a hardtop, x8ki wrn winch, M/L's,pny crb,98amp alt,32's, lckd f/r, j**p eater
post #9 of (permalink) Old 11-16-2000, 09:22 AM

hey guys, its been a while since ive posted here,and i havent really followed the whole rui - glenn thing, but it seems to be the same as ussual... someone orders from glenn, and he doesnt deliver...
as far as vendor bashing goes, why is this BBS operating? to tell everyone of our own suzuki experiences, which includes ordering, installing, and performance of the latest and greatest aftermarket part...
glenn has some really really awesome looking parts, but i would really hesitate before i order, because i have had bad experiences with him before, and because of this BBS i know that other people have too... if you want to run a good business, you need to have good products, fair prices, and good customer service... and you should respect the competition...
dont be a hater glenn

and oh yeah, im a 19 year old college sophomore... whats it to you?

Steve
'88 Suzuki Samurai
2" S/R 30x9.50 M/T's
[email protected]
Texas A&M Off-Road
FTAC of 2003
post #10 of (permalink) Old 11-16-2000, 09:42 AM
Keyboard Implanted

I'd give my left arm to be 19 again. I say left arm 'cuz I use my right one a lot.

But then again, I made piss for money when I was 19. That kinda sucked. And I couldn't afford to build a Sammy back then.

Is there any way I can be a 33 year old man with a 19 year old body?:P

<font color=blue>Yankee Tim</font color=blue>[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode