front pinion angle specs. - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-15-2000, 09:49 PM Thread Starter
Old Hand

front pinion angle specs.

I am building up a new front axle and i want my zuk to handle as good a possible. still a daily driver. I have a spoa with 2inch longer shackles up front. What is the minimum i can set my pinion angle in degrees, before i get vibrations. Currently i have it turned way to far and it wanders alot. (prob like 13 degrees currently)whoops! not good. should i just set it the same degree as stock, because the shackles will help out a little right? Thanks a ton guys.

Low-riders are for little boys who can't get it up!! hehehe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 11-16-2000, 05:59 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Re: front pinion angle specs.

HI RYAN,when i did my breeze spoa i set it at 13 degrees.when it was all bolted up it settled in around 10 degrees,no problems.have you checked,mismatched/uneven tires-worn/loose tie rod ends or drug rod-faulty shock absorber or mounting-worn wheel bearings-steering box attachments loose-steering box needs adjustment-worn steering shaft joints? how are your tires wearing?stay in touch,RR

THANK GOD FOR VETERANS AND SUZUKIS-BOTH KEEP YOU FREE. FOUNDER;INDIANA SUZUKI EMERGENCY RESPONSE TEAM
post #3 of (permalink) Old 11-16-2000, 10:15 PM Thread Starter
Old Hand

Re: front pinion angle specs.

Hello Rick. No play in the front wheels at all, tires are wearing evenly. When i'm on a road that leans the slightest bit my samurai is very unsafe. It wanders like crazy. I am putting some wheel spacers on soon, but that is probably not going to help. I had a theory it was too tall and not wide enough, but that is probably not the case. I'll have to check the lower rod-ends. I counld not get them off last time when i tried. Thanks for the reply.
-Ryan

Low-riders are for little boys who can't get it up!! hehehe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode