What to do if Al Gore steals the election - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-14-2000, 09:00 PM Thread Starter
Old Hand

What to do if Al Gore steals the election

Hello all. just trying to spread the word. I found this on the Jeep bbs. from Doug'97tj he wrote, Got this off Jeeps Unlimited. Looks like a good idea to me.United Republican Fund of Illinois Chicago
November 9, 2000

Herewith is some practical advice on action that every citizen can take in the event that the Florida recount confirms the election of George Bush, but Al Gore fails to concede.

We all know what is going on in Florida, and that the election hinges on the outcome. I am writing you today to prepare us all for what we will have to do if what I think is going to happen actually does. The recount, which
will be finished by 5 p.m. Thursday, will likely show Bush to be the winner once again, with only a few thousand overseas ballots to be counted. Those ballots will be overwhelmingly for Bush, a minimum of 60% and probably
closer to 75%. If the count goes our way tomorrow, we have won this election.

This is when something critical happens. Either Gore bows out gracefully or he doesn't, and I can almost guarantee he won't. These are people wedded to power who will only go down kicking and screaming. They will use every legal
maneuver in the book to steal the election. (In 1960, when Richard Nixon had every right and reason to challenge the election results he didn't for the sake of the country. Expect no such noble behavior this time.)

What will they try? One bet is to find a friendly judge to throw out the Florida results on a flimsy premise. They are already floating this as atrial balloon in the form of the allegedly "confusing" ballots in Palm Beach County. I have seen the ballots - they are not confusing in the least.
Indeed, they are identical in form to the punch-card ballots used in Chicago and Cook County, Illinois, in this very election. What is more, it is just as likely that Palm Beach County voters who wanted to vote for Bush
inadvertently voted for Nader. All parties approved the form of ballot before the election. The form-of-ballot issue is a mere pretext for an effort a judicial invalidation of the Florida election.

While I hope this scenario doesn't come to pass, I fear that it will, and it will only have disastrous results for the country. The election fight could drag on for months and actually be decided by a court! If this comes to pass
the vision of our Founders and the blood of patriots will have been betrayed.

Personally, I am not going to stand for this, and I hope you won't either.

The good news is that we are not without voice.
HERE IS WHAT MUST BE DONE: if the vote count affirms Bush's election, we allow a short grace period to see the reaction of the Gore camp. If they have not graciously conceded after a few hours, we must bombard the news media and our public officials AT EVERY LEVEL with phone calls of outrage
that demand Gore's concession. I mean literally millions of phone calls. We must jam their phone banks with calls.There are millions of us so it shouldn't be too difficult. (While you're at it, send e-mails to your local newspapers as well.)

If it becomes widely reported - and it will - that there is a groundswell demanding that Gore back down and not embarrass the country, it will be very difficult for Gore to withstand the pressure. He will have to relent.

Here are some places to start:

The White House: telephone (202) 456-4114 FAX 202)456-2461 e-mail: [email protected]

The Vice President's Office: telephone 202) 274-5000 FAX 202) 456-2883
e-mail [email protected] Vice President's Senate Office:
telephone: (202) 224-2424

Senator Tom Daschle (Senate Democratic Leader): (202) 224-2321 Also: (202)224-5556
Representative Dick Gephardt (House Democratic Leader): (202) 225-2671 Also: (202) 225--0100

Also, be sure to call your congressmen and both your senators. All these numbers are easily located on voter.com. You can also contact them through
the U.S. Capitol Switchboard:

U.S. Capitol Switchboard (all Senators and Representatives): (202) 224-3121

Another office to call is that of Chicago's Mayor Richard M. Daley (the brother of Gore's campaign manager, Bill Daley): Telephone: (312) 744-3300
FAX: (312) 744-2324
If you've never made a call like this, there's no reason to be shy. They get opinion calls all the time and are set up to take them. In fact they like calls. It helps them tell which way the wind is blowing.

Some media contacts:

Boston Globe (617) 929-2000 Matthew V. Storin, Editor (617) 929-3049 e-mail: [email protected]

Boston Herald Andrew Costello, Editor (617) 619-6400 e-mail:
[email protected]

Chicago Sun-Times: (312) 321-3000 Michael Cooke, Editor in Chief e-mail: [email protected]

Chicago Tribune (800) 874-2863 Howard A. Tyner, Editor e-mail:
[email protected] Bruce Dold, Editorial Page Editor e-mail: [email protected]

Los Angeles Times (213) 237-7935 (opinion department) (213) 237-4511 and Fax: (213) 237-7679 (letters to the editor) (202) 293-4650 (Washington bureau) e-mail: www.latimes.com (follow prompts to e-mail windows)

New York Post (212) 930-8000 John Mancini, News e-mail: [email protected]

New York Times (212) 556-1234 Joseph Lelyveld, Executive Editor Letters to the Editor fax: (212) 556-3622 e-mail: [email protected].

Philadelphia Inquirer (215) 854-4500 Letters to the editor:
[email protected]

USA Today (703) 276-3400 Karen Jurgenson, Editor e-mail: www.usatoday.com and follow feedback prompts

Washington Post (202) 334-6000 Fred Hiatt, Editorial Page Editor e-mail: [email protected]

Time e-mail: [email protected]

ABC e-mail: http://abc.go.com/abc/help/contact.html

CNN (404) 827-1500

CBS (212) 975-4321

MSNBC e-mail: [email protected]

NBC NBC-Nightly News: e-mail: [email protected] NBC Today Show: e-mail:
[email protected]

I'm hoping none of this will be necessary, but I fear otherwise. As Edmund Burke said, the price of freedom is eternal vigilance.

This e-mail is just to prepare you for the battle that we must engage.

PLEASE FORWARD THIS E-MAIL MESSAGE TO EVERYONE YOU CAN THINK OF. IF WE
HARNESS THE POWER OF THE INTERNET, BY TOMORROW MILLIONS OF US WILL BE READY

Low-riders are for little boys who can't get it up!! hehehe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 11-14-2000, 09:36 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Re: What to do if Al Gore steals the election

AMEN man, glad you posted that, i am copyin n pastin it to emails to all my friends who dont visit this board, plus, sendin it to my friends who dont have email. thats a heckofa idea. hope it works. the true question is, how many people will take the time???? I KNOW I AM!!!
Later dude!
BiLLy bOb

Do unto others as you want done to you!
If you pack it in, pack it out!
MUD is your friend baby!!!!!!!!!!
post #3 of (permalink) Old 11-14-2000, 11:57 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I printed it out for the ph. numbers. Thanks, clyde

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 11-15-2000, 06:53 AM
Keyboard Implanted

zuksrule,one heck of a job.if you can put out the time and effort to get this out to us, i can only hope the readers will respond and take action and make the calls and pass on the info.thanks,RR

THANK GOD FOR VETERANS AND SUZUKIS-BOTH KEEP YOU FREE. FOUNDER;INDIANA SUZUKI EMERGENCY RESPONSE TEAM
post #5 of (permalink) Old 11-15-2000, 07:47 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

You can count me in. I have always liked a good fight, especially when we the people are right.

Eric

Turn it till it breaks, then back off 1/4 turn
post #6 of (permalink) Old 11-15-2000, 09:21 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Frankly, the only guy I could vote for in good conscience for president is Jesse Ventura. He seems to be the only non-sellout in politics at this time.

I guess Bush is the lessor of the evils when it comes to offroading and how my company is impacted. I just wish I could actually be psyched about voting for someone :^(

http://www.rocky-road.com
post #7 of (permalink) Old 11-15-2000, 04:47 PM
Keyboard Implanted

well here is some more ammo to work with.after my calls were made i wanted to see just how close the race was.did you know out of 3111 counties in the US gore won 677 and bush took 2,434.on land mass gore took 580k sq mi and bush took 2,427k sq mi.we have to be as proactive as they are.if we lose this election,we lose it all.i ask that you pray for the safety of bush.if gore cant win fair and square,why not knock off the other side.the clinton/gore group has a trail of dead bodies a mile long.RR

THANK GOD FOR VETERANS AND SUZUKIS-BOTH KEEP YOU FREE. FOUNDER;INDIANA SUZUKI EMERGENCY RESPONSE TEAM
post #8 of (permalink) Old 11-15-2000, 05:35 PM

Ranger Rick, I would be interested in where you got your figures.

In response to the original post; as far as telephone bombing anyone, I would prefer to fire bomb them. As a member of neither major party I find this whole thing rather hypocritical. They are both two faced phoney a$$holes. Gore won the popular vote and Bush is sure to win the electoral college vote. I doubt either would make a good president or make any significant improvement in my life or the life of my grown children. At least Bush Jr. picked a better running mate than his father did. It is unfortunate that the two big parties forced the smaller parties out of the debates. What a sham!! I am with Glen; RUN JESSE RUN!!! Maybe in four years we can have a multiparty campaign. I am confident that whom ever gets in will be a one term president. Neither have a true mandate from the people.

On the positive side I believe that this is exactly the type of scenario that the founding fathers invisioned and why the electorial college was created. One more check and balance.

-Farther
post #9 of (permalink) Old 11-15-2000, 08:51 PM
Keyboard Implanted

HI FARTHER,the info came from USA TODAY NEWSPAPER,page 19a,NOV. 9th.thanks for checking,most folks dont.RR

post #10 of (permalink) Old 11-18-2000, 04:25 PM

I gave 13 years to defending my country, and I'll be damn if I'm gonna let some mealy mouth worm make a mockery of the U.S. Anyone who would give the Red, White and Blue a punch in the eye for the sake of their own ends, REALLY pisses me off. Count me in.

FRANKENZUKI,10 foot tall and bullet proof!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode