wrangler springs - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-11-2000, 04:07 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

wrangler springs

does anyone have info about using wrangler springs on a samurai??i would like to "inboard" the springs under the frame and was wondering if anyone has detailes pics or diagrams of spring hangers that will work (main eyehanger and shackle hanger & M/L shackle)?dimensions would be excellent!! i have mechanical ability and a welder,torch, and metal cutting saw. thanks for any info. Mitch

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 11-11-2000, 05:41 PM

Re: wrangler springs

Just look at a 85 or older zuk, they got inboard springs.

87 Suzuki Samurai JX, Hybrid SPOA, expander shackles, removable doors, coustom bumpers, gator guard 2 interior, fast back top, rear locker, 31's, clean interior.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 11-11-2000, 11:55 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

no pic's but psf4x4 and i will be doing this to his in the near future. as you have probably guessed you will have to make new spring mounts for the frame and wider spring perches for the axles. the wrangler spings are also longer so you will have to make up for this when you attach your new mounts. i'm not sure yet but i imagine you might have to make a small extention to your frame for the mounts on either end of the zuk to make up for the length of the springs. we have planned on this anyway because we will be extending the wheelbase at the same time.

brian wilson
80 cj5 "high 5"
stretched to 100" wb
efi351w/np435/d300/d44/d60/detroits/4.56/35tsl's/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 11-13-2000, 12:48 PM
Can't Get Enough

I guess being from Michigan he may have seen an '85 Zuk, but they didn't import the SJ410 to the States, so they are extremely rare down South.

post #5 of (permalink) Old 11-14-2000, 02:04 PM
Old Hand

If you are interested in going to the YJ Wrangler Springs, take a look at Canyon State http://www.canyonstatecomponents.com/products.htm

I followed him through the toughest trail in Arizona, Fred's Zook never lifted one of his 33" Boggers, it has the greatest amount of flex you would ever need, and it rides like it is floating on air!

If I ever get caught up around here, I am going YJ, with Fred's Kit. I have the rear hanger, and his old CJ's for now, and my Old rear springs up front on missing links. With his setup, I will move the missing link to the rear (maybe) and just use the YJ's, no missing link needed or Pan Hard bar. The YJ's outlast any other spring out there, and cost allot less.

There is no other kit on the market to compare to it for ride and simplicity at a reasonable investment.

DaveAZ

Asian Auto Parts
http://www.asianautopartsofaz.com

"We make your Suzuki ZIP for less"
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode