Thanksgiving - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-11-2000, 06:02 AM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

Thanksgiving

Just food for thought......

AS we approach Thanksgiving, I want to share several thoughts with the Zook family......

In 1990, when I bought my 91 Sami, I found that I was really alone regarding any type of support or part availabilty (nearly dealer only....$$$$$). All parts had to be ordered and no one really knew a thing about them other than the CR nonsense.

Finally after getting a pc and lots of searching, I found several vendors that were specific to Zooks. From there, I eventually found the BBS's and mailing lists that were Zook specific.

Because of contacts made through the web, I purchased another Sami, an 87 with a 1.6. I quickly found that it needed major work and had to redo much of what the previous owner had done. It was a great learning experience and I relied on the help and experiences from here and other list/BBS's.

This my friends, is what I am so very thankful for. Not only was there a limitless resource for tech help, parts and advice, there was also a family atmosphere where if there was one in need, many offered to help in one way or another. This, my Zook family, is very good medicine!

I suppose what I'm trying to say is...."Thank You". I value all the help and advice given. I have been deeply touched by the generosity of many. I hope I can somehow return the good medicine to all.....

It is very much like being lost in the woods (one is never truly lost unless they have a place to be and a time to be there). When finally found, the presence of others is no longer taken for granted....it becomes a precious gift.

So...as we approach Thanksgiving, maybe it would be a good time to reflect on how blessed and lucky we all are to have these resources and the Zook family in our lives.....

Thank you one and all.....

All Good Medicine,
Crow

Creator, everything we do leaves a track. May our tracks be ones we would want you to see and others to follow......

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 11-11-2000, 07:22 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Thanksgiving

Amen. I've only had my Sam a couple months and we've really enjoyed it. It's more of a Family toy than my 4wheeler ever was. Pretty Sundays after Church and dinner calls us out to play in the woods and river bottom and when the day ends, it's always been a good one. Ya'll be careful and may the Lord bless and keep you and yours. papa

post #3 of (permalink) Old 11-11-2000, 08:41 AM

Oh I thought we were going to be talking about food here[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img].I feel the same.Were one big happy zukin family always lending support for each other.

If you dont stand for something,youll fall for anything.No shame in HIS name[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img].
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 11-11-2000, 10:54 AM

Crow Horse: Well said! "Wahshda Toyoshbiya" Sorry about the spelling. Lakota does not translate well to English.

-Farther
post #5 of (permalink) Old 11-11-2000, 11:59 AM
Keyboard Implanted

CrowHorse,meh ahsawah,e-no-kee-kah-sa-kee-kee neel-ah-wai, meleto gwich te med wapakolis chena meleto gwichs te kiji manito atn adieanahuk te med kiji nawbe,Cheekwees Manito. CrowHorse,my brother today we give thanks to our warriors and give thanks to great spirit for blessings be to our great nation.watchful spirit

THANK GOD FOR VETERANS AND SUZUKIS-BOTH KEEP YOU FREE. FOUNDER;INDIANA SUZUKI EMERGENCY RESPONSE TEAM
post #6 of (permalink) Old 11-11-2000, 07:06 PM
Keyboard Implanted

farther,its good to know there is a Lakota on board.been thinking about doing the sun dance.much prayer needs to go into that kind of commitment.i was part of a sun dance years ago,always wanted to do it,but i know your heart had better be right.maybe we can discuss it sometime.RR

THANK GOD FOR VETERANS AND SUZUKIS-BOTH KEEP YOU FREE. FOUNDER;INDIANA SUZUKI EMERGENCY RESPONSE TEAM
post #7 of (permalink) Old 11-11-2000, 08:48 PM

Well, I may be new to this board, but I have to agree the help I've received has been great and I have found a real appreciation for this board and everyone here. Everyone made me feel very welcome and I'm now a lifer. I hope God blesses everyone this holiday season and much as you have blessed me. Remember, Jesus is the reason for this season, let's not forget who comes first.
God Bless,
Steve

"Ahhhh.... He wants to go off-road!!!!" -Ace Ventura
post #8 of (permalink) Old 11-11-2000, 08:52 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

Rick,
2 years ago I was invited to do Sun Dance by Floyd Looks For Buffalo Hand (great great grandson of Red Cloud)(He is a spiritual leader from Pine Ridge). Unfortunately, it conflicted with my duties at Red Hawk and could not make it. Sun Dance is a huge commitment and I was honored in being invited by him. In thanks, I gave him my red-tail talon. It has since returned to me in other ways. We will speak soon....

All Good Medicine,
Crow

Creator, everything we do leaves a track. May our tracks be ones we would want you to see and others to follow......

post #9 of (permalink) Old 11-12-2000, 06:09 AM
Keyboard Implanted

yes the bbs is a family with all its good and bad (But not too often) Most everyone from the bbs that I have had the
pleasure to interact with has been tops, and I too give thanks we can be part of this.

Glenn Loud
87' Zuke Spoa, 31's, 4.16 tcase, Camo,Header,2"exhuast, Cam.
Locked both ends, 8klb winch, Snorkel -Wildweasel2
NE4WI- club
post #10 of (permalink) Old 11-12-2000, 09:52 AM
Keyboard Implanted

CrowHorse,i am sorry to hear you could not make it to the Sun Dance,it was one of the most moving experiencies i have ever had.can not explain it,but i am sure you know what i mean.RR

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode