Tires on Tracker in Calmini Catalog? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-10-2000, 08:38 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Tires on Tracker in Calmini Catalog?

Would appreciate if someone could tell me what kind and size of tires are on the Tracker on the back of the Calmini 2000 Suzuki catalog. Also are on page 32, picture C, and top picture on page 26. As best I can tell they say "THORNBIRD" on them. I'm considering purchasing a 97 Tracker all original and would like to go to a wider tire than the 205's on it now. Calmini shows a 2" lift as all available and I don't want to have to change axle gears. Also the tracker has a auto trans. and I suppose the trans won't shift right if I go much bigger tires. It seems to rev higher than usual at 55 mph and could maybe use a little taller tires. Maybe the auto trans models rev higher because of no overdrive? I have no idea what axle ratio they use with the auto. Thanks for any replies, your help is appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 11-10-2000, 08:45 PM

Re: Tires on Tracker in Calmini Catalog?

They look like the 29' Thornbirds to me.

-Farther
post #3 of (permalink) Old 11-10-2000, 09:06 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

If they're 29" Thornbirds, what width would they be?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 11-10-2000, 09:17 PM

Try this site:http://www.natltire.com/pages/specs5.html

-Farther
post #5 of (permalink) Old 11-11-2000, 08:01 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Farther, Did you get the OME's on yet? Decide on 29's or 30's? Just wondering how you're doing on it.
Hahnderosa

'88.5 hrdtop, 29's on 15x8's, want small lift + big exhaust.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 11-11-2000, 10:44 AM

Hahnderosa:
Not yet. I am on the "easy payment" plan with Brent at Trail Tough in Medford, OR. I have made my initial down payment and am saving for the rest. My spouse does not share my enthusiasm for the Samurai as much as I do and we just spent a significant amount repairing my wife's car. We are also looking to get out of this rental and into our own house. And with X-mas on the horizon and........

I thought I had settled on a GRS I but have recently been thinking of a ring and pinion change instead. I think that I would like to get about 12-15% reduction in final drive on both low and high instead of 12% on high and 85% on low combination of the GRS I. Since I don't do rock crawling that may make more sense for me. I am pretty much set on OME with DT shocks in a SPUA configuration and Willamett 15x8 wheels. I can always go with a SPOA at some later date but doubt it very much. I really don't want more than 2-3 inches of lift. So I am researching what ring and pinion ratio will give me around 12%. The final drive reduction will determine what size tire I go with.

How is your set-up doing for you?

-Farther
post #7 of (permalink) Old 11-11-2000, 08:58 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Not much activity here as of late. I know these 28" dia. tires would probably rub if I went offroad. A friend just bought the 1.5" Rancho springs from pugrocker, so I'll see what they do for him. I saw some BDS springs on the northcoast site that look interesting.
Sounds like you have a good plan!
Hahnderosa

'88.5 hrdtop, 29's on 15x8's, want small lift + big exhaust.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 11-11-2000, 11:24 PM

With the BDS 4", you can run a 31" or with an extra 1/2" lift shackle, you can run 32" tires. Those are Thronbirds on the 2000 Tracker on the back cover, I beleive they are 29". I just purchased a 94 Tracker with the 16 valve and automatic. We will be doing a full build up over the next 6 months with all the latest from Calmini. With the older Tracker/Kicks, you can go either 5" or 6" of lift, and run 31" or 32" tires. The new T-Case gear set will be out soon, and I ran the Rubicon in a Kick with it in it, and it was awesome. The Auto should do just fine, only need to add a heavy duty trans cooler to take care of the heat when crawling. Hope this helps, we will be devoting time to building the Tracker/Kick market as well as advancing products for the Samurai.

TGT - NCO

www.northcoastoffroad.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode