SPOA Spring wrap prevention?? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-09-2000, 09:03 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

SPOA Spring wrap prevention??

Ok, here is the deal.....I've got an 88, did a spring over this past summer, with Rancho springs. I left the overloads in thinking this would help with the spring wrap problem. But, after about 6 months, mostly street driving, the rears are no longer arched, and the passenger side, I believe has now got a reverse arch.
The truck does have a 16 gal gas tank (1/4 inch thick floor), steel plate rear bumper with square tube swing away tire carrier with a 31 inch spare and a High lift on it, and a steel box (the width of the rear, 12 inches wide, and about 6 inches deep full of tools and parts) all hanging on the rear. The gearing is 3.73 Ring and Pinion, 4.16:1 tcase, with 32 inch Swamper radials. And I do wind up the little motor in first and second gear.
How do you guys eliminate axle wrap? Or, do you think it is just all the extra weight???
Thanks in advance!

Andy Feingold
88.5 Samurai, SPOA,Rancho springs, Rocklobster, full cage, Schroth Harness belts, EZ locker, 32x10.50 Swampers, on board air, Weber, header etc...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 11-09-2000, 09:13 PM

Re: SPOA Spring wrap prevention??

The best on the market is the Breeze Track bar, which is made for your Samurai, not adapted from some other vehicle. It absolutely will stop/prevent rear axle wrap, and puts more of that precious engine HP on the ground, not lost in torquing up the suspension. It also provides skid plate protection for the rear drive shaft and rear pinion flange. It pivots in the "X", "Y", and "Z" axis and DOES NOT limit articulation as some others might claim. This was proven at the Zukimelt when Jeff Pollock won the 30 degree ramp competiton with over 57" of vertical flex and the track bar in full operation. See it on our web site under the suspension page.

TGT - NCO

www.northcoastoffroad.com
post #3 of (permalink) Old 11-10-2000, 06:31 AM
Keyboard Implanted

On the side,

That was a very fine example of good product promotion while imparting useful knowledge to a prospective customer.

Kudos for doing that without dispareging remarks aimed toward other vendors or manufacturers. That is refreshing to see that happen from someone, and you do it often.

As I approach the annual winter tear-down/re-build time, and I figure out what bits I may to add, I do know that I will use your services amoung the others and will do so confidently.

Sincerely,

<font color=blue>Yankee Tim</font color=blue>[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 11-10-2000, 08:42 AM
Can't Get Enough

I have dealt with Tim at NCOffroad several times and have been very pleased. One thing he is not out to do is bad mouth other vendors or manufacturers. He just wants to provide the best products available to his customers. I have called him several times and he always seems very enthusiastic about helping you with technical questions and questions about the products he offers.

Tim Martin
87' Samurai, SPOA, 31's, 1" shackle lift, Hi-lift jack, everything else bone stock.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 11-10-2000, 11:33 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

ditto, i agree fully with yankee tim. couldn't have said it better myself.

build it, break it, then build it better.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 11-10-2000, 04:00 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Tim,
If you don't mind, here is a pic of Jeffs winning rti.

87 suzuski samurai
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 28-259437-DCP01734.jpg (19.6 KB, 1 views)
post #7 of (permalink) Old 11-10-2000, 04:38 PM
Keyboard Implanted

is that the best he can do???...LOL

post #8 of (permalink) Old 11-10-2000, 05:16 PM
Keyboard Implanted

you should have seen what i did on the ramp,using just the drop links from tim at north coast offroad.those who were there can attest to the links opening all the way up.RR

THANK GOD FOR VETERANS AND SUZUKIS-BOTH KEEP YOU FREE. FOUNDER;INDIANA SUZUKI EMERGENCY RESPONSE TEAM
post #9 of (permalink) Old 11-10-2000, 06:29 PM

RRick,

what did you score.... or how high did the front wheel get before lifting anything...

still interested in a setup similar to yours

later,
alfred

post #10 of (permalink) Old 11-10-2000, 06:56 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Rangerrick, sorry i don't have a pic of your rti "score" from the melt this year to post.:-)

87 suzuski samurai
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode