Towing lights - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-09-2000, 06:42 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Towing lights

I'm sure you guys have run into this before, but being new to Zukis I need your advice. Here is my problem: My Chevy Pick-up has four wire hook-up for a trailer 1 wire for ground, 1 wire for service tail, 1 wire for left brake and turn , and 1 wire for right brake and turn. Now on the zuki that I'm going to tow I have 5 wires 1 wire for
ground, 1 wire for service tail, 1 wire for brake , 1 wire for left turn and 1 wire for right turn. In other words the brake and turn light wires on the truck are the same wires but left and right, on the zuki there are separate wires for turn and brake lights and the brake light wire is common for both sides. How did you guys get around this?

bucwheat
88 1/2 Zuk
4 inch SPOA, Rancho 5000s
1 inch body lift
Full Camo
Coyotes beware
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 11-09-2000, 06:58 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Towing lights

Are you looking to flat tow your Zuk behind the Chevy? If so, here's what I did. I went and got me a pair of magnetic tow-truck lights. They use the same style plug as snowmobile or boat trailers, and plug right into the adapter on my '98 Chevy. I just stick 'em on the Zuk's rear bumper when I tow, and quickly remove them when I get to the trail.

post #3 of (permalink) Old 11-09-2000, 07:04 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Yea flat towing it to the deer lease and beyond. I went ahead and wired the turn/stop lights into the Yellow Turn signal wires on the zuki it's not legal but it works. If there no real fix I may have to add red lights to it for stops and turns.
How will that work to supply power for a trailer behind the zuki also?

bucwheat
88 1/2 Zuk
4 inch SPOA, Rancho 5000s
2 inch over Shackles
1 inch body lift
Full Camo
Coyotes beware
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 11-10-2000, 10:58 AM

The magnetic light deal was the easiest and best for me. I'm using them on the wife's Sidekick Sport until the Sami is finished. Then, I'll use them on it as well. I'm towing behind a Holiday Rambler motorhome.

Larry Robertson
88.5 Samurai-Under construction
Way too much horsepower is barely enough!
post #5 of (permalink) Old 11-10-2000, 11:04 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

thats sounds like a good idea, but for 18 bucks you can buy a trailer light converter, and run between the vehicles. It will make the sammy lights work as stock. you might have to get a electronic flasher for your chevy though. the reason for the electronic flasher is because w/o it the signal light on the zuk will flash faster when the brake light is on. Every thing will work fine though and be legal. hope this helps, jim.

build it, break it, then build it better.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 11-10-2000, 09:00 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

just wire your truck lights to the rear red lights only. I use the break/running lights on the rear of the zuk as stop tail and turn light when I tow it. If wired like this, you need no special hardware

Later, Butch

88 WAZOOKI. Lifted and Locked.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode