WHAT WOULD YOU PAY FOR THIS? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-09-2000, 09:58 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

WHAT WOULD YOU PAY FOR THIS?

I'm just curious, What you you guys pay for the following? and is anyone interested?

I have a 86 suzuki samuri in the middle of restoration or build up.
It has a brandnew motor, rebuilt with zero miles on it! new bearings, rings pistons, complete new head! After market headers, Pony carb. Spoa lift.
Dosen't run great somthing is wrong with the carburator! Like I said it's in the middle of being built. but it will start and move.

The break lines have been cut, there's no shocks on it currently, The body is pretty rough, the rear tail gate is gone and there's a start of a custom roll cage. It has really comfortable chevy seats up front and the stock seat in back.

It has black spoke rock crawler wheels on it 8in wide with a spare white spoke. Ties are small I think 235's The trany,t-case, and axles are completly stock!

Like I said I was building this thing for a trail rig not a show car! So things like stero, driver side window and a few other things are no longer.

I also have a bunch of misc parts for this thing.
I have axles housing front and rear, extra drive shafts, two short blocks, a fuel injection system complete except for a gas tank. I have a couple stock carbs in various conditions
I Have a bunch of shocks, dostechs never been mouted, I have various gears bearings and other misc stuff for the transfer case, Not knowing what they are I could possibly have lower t-case gears? who knows

I also have various spark plug wires, water hoses, caps, rotors, plug wires, altenator,coils, Extra sets of drums for the rear, extra seat belts, valve covers, 2 heads, misc inners for the motor ie pistons crank rings,

There's also an extra third memeber I believe stock gears. And a bunch of other stuff I can't rember right now!

I have had this thing for about 4 years as mainly a toy! The last three years it has spent on blocks or being built! I put a lot of time into this toy, There's enough extra parts here to rebuild anything on it that goes bad for a long time.

Basicly what it needs to be done is (IMO) 4:16 t-case gears, lockers front and rear, 5:12 gears, tires, break lines, rebuilt carb, and a few misc things here and there! It also has not been registered in 4-5 years. It's not stolen I bought it when it was registered and I lost all the paper work in a move. I just figured I would register it when I was finished.

I'm not planning on giving this thing away for nothing, I have a lot into it! that I will never get back out. But I'm just curious what you guys would pay for this? and if anyone is interested.

Thank you for your time!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 11-09-2000, 11:07 AM
JKing

Re: WHAT WOULD YOU PAY FOR THIS?

check you private mail

JKing
Suzuki Samurai (SJ413 Jimny in Asia)
K&N Air Filter, Shackle Lift, Larger Than Stock Tires,Wheel Spacers, Driving & Spot Lamps, Gabriel Gas Ryder Shocks
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
post #3 of (permalink) Old 11-09-2000, 02:42 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Wow! i guess my wife is right this thing is worthless! Now I know! and I have a excuse to keep it!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 11-09-2000, 02:57 PM

I dont know where your at, but I can tell you this. I paid 300$ for a sammi that came with just as much in the extra parts dept except it runs great and had shocks and brake line, windows and what not. Drove it up to Boston from NJ same night and changed the oil, drove it for 4 months, changed the oil again and then drove it across the u.s. three weeks ago. It was a great rig, but I gave it to my father cause I have 4 more to replace it and I havent paid over 400 for any of them and they all seem to come with extra engines?? I did however just spend 2500 on one that is built with everything on it. Im not looking to buy, but I can say you will never get what you have invested emotionally or for your good intentions or for any upgrades you do. That is the way of the samuri. In fact I know a guy who wants to give me two hardtops and the engines and 15 tires! Because to him its his sons junk laying around that he gave up on, and Id be cleaning up his yard tremendously, and all for free. Its all personal perspective. Hope it doesnt upset you, I really hope you decide to finish building the p.o.s. (pile of samuri) and let it reward you with what it can do. My regards, Max

Just one more of the elite Samurai![img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img] External cage on a hardtop, x8ki wrn winch, M/L's,pny crb,98amp alt,32's, lckd f/r, j**p eater
post #5 of (permalink) Old 11-09-2000, 03:59 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Thanks for the response! I figured as much, But I had to know! I really don't have alot money wise into it! It's like you said time and heart. It really came down too it's just not worth it for me to get rid of it! I got way to good of a deal on all of it.

And I know the best thing is for me to just finish it!

post #6 of (permalink) Old 11-10-2000, 06:29 AM
Keyboard Implanted

Max maybe we should start a eastcoast Suzuki junkyard.....

Glenn Loud
87' Zuke Spoa, 31's, 4.16 tcase, Camo,Header,2"exhuast, Cam.
Locked both ends, 8klb winch, Snorkel -Wildweasel2
NE4WI- club
post #7 of (permalink) Old 11-10-2000, 09:43 AM
I Do This For The Glory

Max,
Man, I have over 4 acres of "storage" you could "park" them at. I promise I wouldn't take any of the parts (heh heh heh).

JEEPN
Winter Harbor, Maine
'81 CJ-8 Scrambled!
It's a Jeep, Chevy, IHC kinda thing!
post #8 of (permalink) Old 11-10-2000, 10:26 AM

Glenn what do you mean? I thought we were the east coast suzuki junkyard?? You want some more parts rigs? HA HA HA HA HA They are actually very close to your house. Remember that jacked up toyota going for 800$ he's close to that.

Just one more of the elite Samurai![img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img] External cage on a hardtop, x8ki wrn winch, M/L's,pny crb,98amp alt,32's, lckd f/r, j**p eater
post #9 of (permalink) Old 11-10-2000, 10:28 AM

Mark what your not sayin is three acres are filled with your parts. I know. So are you coming down this weekend? I go the weekend off (not that I asked for it) so im all set to help out. Max

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode