Putting in a herculiner. - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-08-2000, 09:13 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Putting in a herculiner.

Hey all thanks for readin this and I was just wondering who all has put one in. I have all but my driver seat out, all carpet and such, talk about a mess! And ive started to chip out that tar sound deadiner. What I was wondering is how difficult it is to apply once im ready and how good does it turn out? And also will it overall deadin the sound its bad right now just bein sheet metal. Also do you know who or where a person could find plugs for the two holes on each side in the floorboards? Thanks a ton

codezuke

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 11-09-2000, 09:13 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Putting in a herculiner.

I was waiting until someone around here put the herculiner in before I did mine. So, on to your next Question. I replaced my Plugs in the floorboard recently. I called Hawks Samurai. I think they were 2.00 apiece. hope this helps.

Turn it till it breaks, then back off 1/4 turn
post #3 of (permalink) Old 11-09-2000, 09:13 AM

It will deaden the sound a little but not alot. The only way you are going to make it quiter inside is to line the doors and whatever else you can with some sort of dynomat sound proofing material used in cars that have kick ass sound systems. Also carpet will help alot. The floor plugs can be bought from a dealer, junkyard, or Petroworks. You just have to look and call around. The heculiner does make the interior look pretty good, cleans up easily and helps protect the metal from rust.

"Happiness is a Belt Fed Weapon!"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 11-09-2000, 01:47 PM
Keyboard Implanted

I have put Herculiner in my Zuk and I wouldn't use it! I've had it on now for about a year and in places it is already chipping! Don't know if it is Herculiners fault or mine. I preped the truck good, and put on three coats, and mixed sand with it. On my other Zuk I'm getting Por-15 and some Durabake (Spelling?) I've heard that it is alot better then the Herculiner and more DURABLE, hinse the name Durabake! That should do the trick! If you use the Herculiner, sand everything that you are going to apply it to VERY WELL!!! Or it might start chipping fast! Mix sand in the HIGH Traffic spots, that should help it out!

Brian [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
http://www.geocities.com/brianconrad1/

post #5 of (permalink) Old 11-09-2000, 02:00 PM
Keyboard Implanted

A quick tip on easy removal of the soundproofing. Buy a block of dry ice and put it on top of the material for several or so seconds. Remove the block and wack the cooled area with a plastic mallet (or a small hammer). Watch the stuff fly off! Keep moving the block around until all is gone.

NOTE: Dry ice is CO2, which can suffocate you in a small enclosed area. Use in well ventilated area. Other idea, leave you truck outside in below zero weather (if you have that) and the same effect will be achieved

<font color=blue>Yankee Tim</font color=blue>[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode