Air Cleaner Info - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Suzuki GEO All Discussion of all things, Suzuki and GEO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-08-2000, 08:33 AM Thread Starter

Air Cleaner Info

Does anyone have a suggestion as to what kind of air cleaner to use (except K&N)? I'm fabbing my own system, but haven't come up with the filter element yet. There are some cone shaped filters out there, but they don't have a clamp to hold them on an intake tube. What are some of you guys using? Thanks for any help.

Larry Robertson
88.5 Samurai-Under construction
Way too much horsepower is barely enough!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 11-08-2000, 09:22 AM
JKing

Re: Air Cleaner Info

curious.... why except K&N.....?

I am using K&N and find it superior to the normal paper type. Have not serviced my K&N filter for over 12,000 miles and the carb throat is still sparkling clean.... Mine is mounted on top of the carb. Those cone type I see in Malaysia has got clamps to mount on the intake tube. funny you said no.....

JKing
Suzuki Samurai (SJ413 Jimny in Asia)
K&N Air Filter, Shackle Lift, Larger Than Stock Tires,Wheel Spacers, Driving & Spot Lamps, Gabriel Gas Ryder Shocks
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
post #3 of (permalink) Old 11-08-2000, 10:42 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

My friends all just got back from the SEMA SHOW IN VEGAS and they brought back tons of catalogs with hi-po claeners other than k&n that have universal fittings, just figure the size of intake tube your using(3 inches, 2and ahalf ect.) Than look up some import perfomance sights for dealer links, eventually you should find something.

GO BIG , NOT NEW.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 11-08-2000, 10:51 AM
Can't Get Enough

K&N would be the way to go, but if you don't want to do that..... I have a Weber carb and it came with it's own air filter assembly. Calmini has them. The entire kit runs about $39. The replacement filter is $16.95. It's the open type that fits directly over the carb. Been working good for me...

"If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the OTHERS here for?"

Scott Trester
1988.5 Suzuki Samurai
http://RockPile4x4.tripod.com/Scott.html
post #5 of (permalink) Old 11-08-2000, 08:45 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the info guys. I was at SEMA last week too, and picked up several brochures. I was hoping someone had used or tried the S&B Filters that I looked at. They "look" like K&N's, but are supposed to be a little more reasonably priced. The import "hot rods" were definitely the stars of the show this year, and with manufacturers starting to cater to that market, that should mean more stuff that Zuk owners will be able to use.

Larry Robertson
88.5 Samurai-Under construction
Way too much horsepower is barely enough!
post #6 of (permalink) Old 11-08-2000, 11:48 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Hey , I found a cartridge style 12" long and 7 " k&n, i am building a pvc case for it and that way I can unscrew it and clean it and pipe to the snorkle, it looks like a great plan to me anyway.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode